Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I want to do something to the rear lighting on my 400 for added visibility/safety. The easiest option (in terms of not needing to do any wiring at all) appears to be the Kisan Tailblazers - brake light flashers with the electronics built into the bases for total plug and play ease. Of course, they are fairly pricey ($110) compared to some of the other brake light flasher modules that require some degree of wiring. My preference would actually be to add extra running/brake/turn lights along the lines of the Hyperlites or something similar. However, I am very intimidated about the wiring job. I have rewired turn signals on previous bikes, but everything seemed so much more accessible under the seat panel of those bikes. Perhaps it is because everything is so well hidden behind the plastics that makes me nervous. When I look at the installation instructions for the extra lights, there are so many wires to be cut, stripped, spliced, shrink wrapped, posti-tapped, t-connected...it just keeps going.

Anyone have suggestions for an auxillary lighting solution with a simplified wiring scheme or tips on how to do the wiring without have a panic attack? Should I just go with the Tailblazers and stop stressing myself out? I am sure I could take the bike to a shop to have something installed but at the end of the day, I do prefer to do things myself. I will probably be fine once I get in there and break it all down step-by-step, but in my mind, it is pretty overwhelming.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I purchase strips of red LEDs from Harbor Freight with sticky tape on them.

Placed them on the rear mud flap and wired them into the tail light wiring....took about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That seems like a good idea. Did you wire to the brake light or the running light so that the new lights are illuminated all the time? Is it just a single wire to tap into? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thanks! That seems like a good idea. Did you wire to the brake light or the running light so that the new lights are illuminated all the time? Is it just a single wire to tap into? Thanks again!
I wired mine to the running or tail lights but...you can do both!! Wire 2 strips to the tail lights and 2 strips to the brake lights... It is 2 wires.....and the polarity on LEDs is important.... so I check the polarity using a 9 volt battery and then label each wire........+ or - Good luck.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts