Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen an "off" light switch anywhere on the 650.
I have seen the high/low beam switch.

I know the headlights are on automatically, (at least here in Canada), when the engine is running.

(I'm assuming that we can switch between high and low beam, and there is no "off" switch)

What about the tailights?
Are they always on too?
I'm guessing they would have to be.

Has anyone tried the underneath coloured lights (leds?), like I just saw on that Japanese ladies custom scooters site?

Might give us a little more visibilty at night, and they look sort of cool too. 8)
Blue on my blue burg :wink:

I would guess also here that these would have their own switch somewhere, as they wouldn't be required (or even visible), during the day.
These would not even be seen during the day, hidden away under the machine.
I'm all for mods that don't alter the looks too much of the Burg.
(Considering some of those removable graphics, in case I don't like the look)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Headlight/tail light always on has been law in the USA for many years. Some states have special laws regarding auxiliary lights. For instance, in Connecticut, auxiliary driving lights must be switched so that they are only on when the headlight is on low beam.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been considering putting blue LED lights on my Blue 650. I found a dealer in Southern Ontario who will ship to you. I meet him at the London Bike show where I bought an LED brake/running light bulb from him. The only regulations about coloured auxillary LED lighting in Ontario that I've heard off is that they cannot be pointing forward or backwards. I would think a strip under the rear fender and one under the front fender would look really great. It wouldn't hurt to have them on all the time as LED's draw very little current. But you could wire in a switch tapped into an ignition switched hot lead.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Canadian Tire sells the coloured led strips too in their FX catalogue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts