Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be so much better if AN650 is 100lbs lighter...or even 50lbs. Shorten the length by 12" and cut width by 4" -- so I can push it through a 3 ft standard-sized fence door more easily.

At its current size, it is difficult for a person who's under 5' 10" to move it around. At 5' 7", that is why I ride ninja 500r most of the time and use AN650 for long trips. Ninja weighs under 400 lbs and it is more fun to ride it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I would not like to see the 650 lightened, or the wheelbase shortened. I believe both would result in loss of the exceptional stability that the current machine has in crosswinds, and the exceptional handling that is key to using it for sport and sport-touring riding.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AN400 is smaller (2" narrower with a slightly shorter wheelbase, weighs 405lbs dry); if this configuration does not result in loss of stability, then 650 power on a 400 body would be the way to go.

Putting on and taking off AN650 from the centerstand is an exuberating experience for small people. Unfortunately the 400 engine feels like...well, a scooter. :cry: :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts