Registered
2,810 Posts
The three Amigos :D

TheReaper!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
View attachment 31154

Heading up to Monterey, Ca with buddies for the weekend in August. Both burgs are mine. A friend only had a Duck Monster to do the trip, so he borrowed the 400 instead. He loved it btw. Thinking about buying one now as a touring bike.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Mine looks just like yours! But without the bags, beads, and backrest. Mine has a different windshield. And is a different color. Other than that, it looks just like yours.
(Sorry, can't find the emoticon for smart-ass. Or sarcastic sack of sh*t - which is what my wife calls me). ;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
MacDoc what brand backrest is that in your picture? Sorry for hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
MacDoc what brand backrest is that in your picture? Sorry for hijacking this thread.
What you get with a $1200 Russell-Daylong seat.

Fortunately I did not pay that much for the seat ...got it half price from a guy that hit and killed a deer.

He hit the deer at 60 mph - kept it upright and rode it home.
Insurance wrote it off...I got the seat. :D

Now you know the Burgie can take a big hit....and he was older than me! Good bit of riding to hit a deer at speed and keep it up.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
MacDoc, a $1200 custom seat might explain why the bead rider works so well for you. We mere mortals with a stock seat need the Airhawk to somewhat replicate the comfort you got going on there. Lol. Just pulling your chain. But MAN, that looks comfortable! Surprised you even need the beads.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yeah - and the beadrider worked well on the ST1100 seat tho oddly the Sargent seat on the KLR650 was so good - did not need it....

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait for China to make the 'Rusty Half-Daylong' for $600.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait for China to make the 'Rusty Half-Daylong' for $600.
Oddly enough, I think that is the name of the latest Chinese import scooter... And goes for about the same price too. Unfortunately, it's indicative of their build and performance also. :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts