Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 1 year old and the dreaded FI light is on and cvt slipping bad. Under heavy throttle the rpm's jump up and cvt does everything from slipping to going in high gear at 20 mph. She's at sick bay at the dealer waiting for service. Haven't heard whats wrong yet but I had 1 more month left on warranty. Think Im fixin to fork out some money for extended warranty. Hope it's simple such as the pps sensor. Just turned to 8,000 miles on the odometer. Keeping fingers crossed! :)

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles, that sucks on an almost 1 year old ride...

it can be a number of things, the PPS, the clutch or even the primary pulley...

on my standard 04, the clutch went out and I had to rebuild it.
They symptoms were sluggish take offs and high revving gearing without going anywhere fast.

I started by replacing the PPS first but it didn't solve the problem, rebuilt the clutch and that did the trick.

CVT went out at 54k miles but that's another story.

hopefully it is a simple thing and they will be able to figure it out for you.

keep us posted, good luck....

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :( and curious to see what they find. I'd guess the clutch is more likely but when you find out be sure and let us know. Hope you get it back quick.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Who serviced your bike? Anyway warranty should sort.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Steve D UK said:
Do you only get one years warranty on a new bike over there? We get two years in the UK and I think that also applies throughout Europe.
1 year unlimited mileage.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Yes but we pay more in Europe.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
NormanB said:
Yes! I went to New York a few years ago and the price of a ordinary laptop was $1000 and the same laptop over here was £1000. The rate then was about 1.5 dollars to the GB pound. Over here they simply call dollars pounds. Britain is a rip-off country and its whole money system stinks.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
peelbrow said:
NormanB said:
Yes! I went to New York a few years ago and the price of a ordinary laptop was $1000 and the same laptop over here was £1000. The rate then was about 1.5 dollars to the GB pound. Over here they simply call dollars pounds. Britain is a rip-off country and its whole money system stinks.

You wanna try living "Dahn Sarf" ya tight northerner! :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Steve D UK said:
peelbrow said:

You cannot even begin to imagine what it is really like for a tight northerner to live down sarf with all you lot. :lol:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
NormanB said:
Steve D UK said:
You cannot even begin to imagine what it is really like for a tight northerner to live down sarf with all you lot. :lol:

Speaking as a Sweaty Sock with a brother who lives in Eastbourne, I think I can :lol: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts