a dealer in Fort Collins, Colorado....so the shipping is going to
cost me $3.49....not bad huh? I get it in about 3-4 weeks as no
one has them in stock yet.

Gib

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey there Gibs:
I was wondering what kind of performance gains can be expected from installing this exhaust. Does Vance & Hines have any numbers that they say you should gain in horsepower?
I searched the Vance and Hines web page and it appears they don't offer anything for the 650 yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance gains from adding the exhaust

I'm quite familiar with Vance and Hines being an avid drag racing fan,
but I really doubt they will do any performance testing on a scooter.
The dyno graph shows an approx. 2 hp gain at the rear wheel after
adding a performance exhaust. It should also increase the throttle
response and torque. All of this combined will increase the performance,
but maybe not in a huge way, but every little bit helps. This exhaust
combined with the Malossi Variator and K&N high flow filter element
that I previously added to my 400 should make it a pretty salty little
scoot ! I'll soon be able to tell you first hand what it did for me....

Gib

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Performance gains from adding the exhaust

How can they tune the exhaust to the scooter without any dyno testing? 2 HP sounds like an arbitrary number. Is that for the AN400? It is important to look at the entire graph, not just the increase in peak HP. For example, there is an aftermarket can for the FZ1 that takes away a couple of HP in the lower RPM's, but adds about 14 HP at 10K RPM, and about 6 HP at the very top end. I like to see a smooth power curve (especially the torque) with no valleys, or at least no magnification of valleys that exist in the stock powerband. I am interested in how the exhaust affects power at every RPM.

Then again, it's just a scooter. We're not racing here. :wink:

mistergib said:
I'm quite familiar with Vance and Hines being an avid drag racing fan,
but I really doubt they will do any performance testing on a scooter.
Gib

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dyno test on exhaust

You asked me about Vance and Hines doing the dyno test, thats what I
was answering to you.....

As far as the 2 hp gain, that figure is not arbitrary, it came from the
actual dyno test of the GPR performance exhaust on a Burgman 400.
This test was performed by GPR.

I believe that the LeoVince exhaust should have and would have very
close to the same gain as it is also very high quality performance
exhaust.

Go to the GPR site and you can view the same graph.

Gib

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wondered why you were talking about Vance and Hines. They are a competitor to Leo Vince, so I wouldn't expect them to have dynos of Leo Vince's exhaust systems. :wink:

Allwalk is the one who asked about V&H.

Let us know how you like the exhaust. Dynos don't show everything, such as sound, responsiveness, detonation, etc. I checked out the exhaust at the Leo Vince site. It looks very clean without a heat shield.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exhaust

Sorry 'bout that. I didn't even look who it was from, and just thought you were the same guy that asked about V&H....

Actually, I'd kinda like for it to change the sound a bit, thats the old
hot-rodder coming out in me. But the one thing that I could not
tolerate is detonation/back-firing.....that would make it sound like
a piece of crap! Hopefully LeoVince has done their homework...could
end up being an expensive lesson....aaahh, you only live once ! I'll
let you know.
Gib

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
My bad :? I didnt read your post properly and when I saw LeoVince I read Vance and Hines for some reason.......hmmmm.
Ahhhhhhh! I have it Midnight shift sleep deprivaton, ya thats it. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Leo Vince makes a exhaust for the 650, price is $619 in Canada, I can get 20% off from every thing i buy from my dealer. Has any one tried this system. Did mention I finally got my silver 650 home Monday :D . I ordered the hump bag and xxl clearview from usa. If I could just get those wind wings for the fairing, gess i will build a set out of fiberglass, if i cant get them from europe. Making my own luggage rack, 3/8 in aluminum plate with a design cut in it, and a back rest that attaches to it when the little woman wants to go for a spin, take back rest off when im alone. Fiber glass saddle bags that fit the countour of the body will come this summer when im done fishing for the year.
Wayne

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dont know about the Leo or Yoshi systems for the 650, But have a Moriwake system fitted to ours. Great sound, seems to have picked up a bit more grunt, looks good as well. How can I post a photo to this site?. Geoff in Tassie

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leo Vince

I have a Leo vince on order. Once I get everything together and running I'll post a note. Right now I am aabout 75% done with installing the J & M handlebar CB/NOAA and their Delphi XM radio that mounts on the right handlebar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW!!! I have the Leo Vince "4-Road" installed on my '04 650 and I love it. Did it add power? Well some but not a head jerking amount. Did it change the sound of my George Jetson commuter? YES!! Now at least it sounds like a bike! I have honestly enjoyed the pipe on my black beauty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Leo Vince pipe is still back ordered. There must be a way to plug the sensor hole and not destroy the aesthetics. Post a picture once you get things sorted out. WM Clements

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Sorry guys I just wanted to hijack this thread to add some further information (no criticism intended or implied) :wink:
Leo Vince stainless steel exhausts for the 400 and 650 are manufactured. This link is for LVs general website:
Leo Vince: http://www.leovince.com/scoot/engl/scoot.html

The stainless exhaust is called '4Road' and looks like this:

not to be confused with the 'Touring' which is not stainless and looks like this (which if you want my opinion - and you probably do not - it looks like a freaking hairdryer :shock:

'4 Road' part numbers:

400 5596
400(03) 4012
650 4151

I copy these contact details of distibutors from the LV website in case they are of help to anyone:

USA:
LeoVince USA
1360 South 49th Street
Richmond CA. 94804
Phone: 888-610-4242
e-mail: [email protected]

USA:
WESTERN POWER SPORT, INC.
601 E. Gowen Road
Boise, ID 83716
Phone: 208-376-8400
Fax: 208-375-8901
http://www.wps-inc.com

CANADA:
LES IMPORTATIONS THIBAULT LTEE
165 Sauvé Street
Sherbrooke, Québec
Tel. 001/819/5696212
fax 001/819/5638058
WEB: http://www.importationsthibault.com

U.K.:
TRAN-AM LTD.
William House, Gore Road,
NEW MILTON, Hants. BH 25 6RJ
HAMPSHIRE
Tel. 0044-1425-620580 - Fax 0044-1425-621915
e-mail:[email protected]

More information and pics in this thread:
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2406

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey Folks: I have one in the box ready to ship for half price. See the Clsssified section for details...its the stainless sport model.

Only difference is that I have spray painted the exhaust pipe with 1500degree hi-temp black paint as the pipe very rapidly turns blue.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
Hey Folks: I have one in the box ready to ship for half price. See the Clsssified section for details...its the stainless sport model.

[snip].
Hi Ted, that is a great deal for someone - I would buy it as a spec reserve for when my OEM bites the dust (prob in the next 6 months or so :cry: ) but shipping is clearly a non starter. What range has your ultralight got - do you have drop tanks for that slightly longer trip? :lol:

Could you clarify on the 'sport' description, I understood that they only made the '4 Road' in stainless. :?: Or maybe they market the '4 Road' as 'Sport' in USA.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts