Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about Leo Vince Exhaust. I called them today and for a complete exhaust system(stainless steel) is $397, I thought that was very reasonable comparing it to Arrow Exhaust for $848 but that was titanium. From things I have read over the years Leo Vince makes quality systems. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. By the way this price is for the Burgman 650

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well the name is well known. But that seems to be a lot of money just to make a little noise. :?
Unless you rework the "other end" I don't think your performance and fuel improvements are going to be worth the money.
But it can be fun playing with the scooter :)
You will not be the first one here to do it, do a search and you should get some returns.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would like to know if it is a bolt on kit or if there is any modification that has to be done to the bike of the exhaust. I would like to get a little more sound but will only consider a exhaust change if it is a simple bolt on kit. Is it a complete exhaust that will bolt right on to the head of the engine, or do you have to cut the stock off somewhere and attach this one as I have been told what about any sensors on the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all bolt on, I had to order 2 exhaust gaskets from Suzuki. If the Leo Vince is as easy to put on as it it was to take off the original exhaust it should be a piece of cake. Only reason I'm replacing the stock exhaust is because I hate the looks of the large muffler and it looks out of place to me. http://www.leovince.com shows a photo on the Burgman and also you can look at the technical drawing..

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I see you list your location as "Iowa". If you do install the Leo Vince, I would like to get together sometime this Summer to compare exhaust systems. I think that would be interesting.

·
Registered
689 Posts
mrlansi, await you opinion on the new exhaust when you get it. Please let us all know what you think after you get it on and photo also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul,
Name it on a nice summer day, should be here Thursday 5-12-05, cost me 75.00 to have it here next day. Cost 35.00 to have here in 4 days so I thought I would throw in another 40.00 to have it next day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Only a question.If you remove the original exhaust for a Leovince or another.......your warranty is still covered?.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
mrlansi said:
Hey Paul,
Yahoo maps says 320 miles.
Piece of cake! I look forward to getting together once the weather stabilizes a bit. Thunderstorms, heavy rain, hail and tornados just don't make my list of preferred traveling weather these days. We are going through several days of that stuff right now - which is why I am on the forums right now instead of out riding. I am also within 200 miles or so of needing my 14,500 mile service, so I also want to get that out of the way before I roam too far from home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leo Vince complete exhaust system is installed. The system fits like a glove and extremely easy to install. The looks alone was well worth the money and matches my silver burgman perfectly. I can definitley tell a difference in performance and it's not much louder than stock. Where would I sell the stock exhaust, I guess I can put it on Ebay or the classifieds on the Burgman site.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
mrlansi said:
Leo Vince complete exhaust system is installed. The system fits like a glove and extremely easy to install. The looks alone was well worth the money and matches my silver burgman perfectly. I can definitley tell a difference in performance and it's not much louder than stock. Where would I sell the stock exhaust, I guess I can put it on Ebay or the classifieds on the Burgman site.
You sure didn't waste any time! Glad you like it, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

You could put the stock exhaust in the classifieds here first (it's free after all). If it doesn't sell - Ebay it. I'd almost be interested, but I don't have room in the garage to store it. (I like riding with the Remus but it would give me a way to put the scooter back to stock when I sell it eventually.) Maybe someone else who did the Remus conversion will want it for that reason.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Can you please give me the part number for the 2 exhaust gaskets and will you up load any photos. When you say it is not much louder that stock on a scale of 1-10 how much louder is it.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I'd love to be able to see the pictures at the website provided, but it isn't happenin for me. sigh, oh well. Anyone else having that prob? Well - I could see the pic of the pipe all by itself, but not ona burger.

I think that the price is darn reasonable (comparatively speaking), and I don't care too much for the looks of my stock pipe, and I think it's a bit too quiet. And, if there is a definite "feel" of performance improvement well then - I might just take the plunge meself. I'd just like to see it first. 'Prolly worth an extra mpg or 2 also.

pedz.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Pete said:
I'd love to be able to see the pictures at the website provided, but it isn't happenin for me. sigh, oh well. Anyone else having that prob? Well - I could see the pic of the pipe all by itself, but not ona burger.
It's there but buried. Click on the "Choose your LeoVince exhuast" button at the top, and then go through the picks to get to a Suzuki Burgman 650. The picture is there. Eventually it takes you here:

LeoVince exhaust on a B650

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Thanks Dean! Yup - that looks good!
I just ditched my old POS PC and this new one cranks it right up.
peet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exhaust System

$395.00 don't sount bad to me. I damaged my stock muffler and Suzuki charged $800.00 for the muffler and that did not include labor to install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where can I order the LeoVince exhuast

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the postings, and I'm very interested to get one myself. Doesn't seem like the LeoVince web site allows you to order it directly. Where can I order it? I'm located in So. Cal. Thanks!

Richard :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts