Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,480 Posts
Another vote for Pledge. I've been using it on bikes since the 70's when it was a thick white liquid that came in a bottle. The spray cans are much more convenient.

·
Premium Member
14,480 Posts
Like I've said I've used pledge for years and have not seen the build up problem. Maybe it's the way I use it. I put it on and let it set a few seconds then wipe it off. I then let it dry for a few minutes and go back and buff it again with a soft cloth (now a days a microfiber cloth). I also wash the bike with a car wash soap product from time to time.

Does that damage the wax that you put on it? I'm pretty sure the paint on the Burgy or Maggy is fantastic, but if you wax it, does the Pledge remove that wax? I highly doubt it, but it is a valid question!
I wax my bike about once a year with a car wax (the last time I used ICE) then use the Pledge like a detailer during the year between waxings. It does not seem to strip the wax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.