Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Burgman 650 used and the previous owner had the tension on the rear shocks cranked up pretty tight. Probably for a passenger. Anyway, I noticed that the Suzuki manual said that they were preset from the factory to a number "2" tension. I reset them on "2" and it allowed me to have a more firm footing and a smoother ride. Your weight would be a factor in what setting you choose I suppose. I'm 220 lbs. and it is perfect for me. I would raise the setting if I ever had a passenger. Just thought I'd pass this along in case someone else had this problem. If you're not to heavy, I guess it would be alright to take it down to a "1" setting. I'm sure most know how to reset the settings, but just in case, put your scooter up on the rear stand and grip the shocks tight with your hand and turn to the desired number. Mine turned very easy. Anyhow, you might want to try this before cutting your seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Much obliged for a great idea. Just a thought--If Harley Davidson can get their seat height down to approximately 28", why can't Suzuki do it on the Burgman 650? I'll bet it would increase their customer base significantly.

·
Registered
704 Posts
How much under seat storage does the Harley have?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
How much under seat storage does the Harley have?
The 400 has a 28" seat height, more under seat storage than the 650, and the engine tucked in there as well. It is possible.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another thing that some of you might consider...

My Wee-Strom is really too tall for me. I put a lowering kit on it but more importantly, I bought a pair of Harley Davidson Brake Light boots. Ugly as sin and heavy? I guess so but you could use them as clubs to beat someone to death. The best thing is that they have thick soles. Really think soles. And they are comfortable to wear. I am on my second pair. They are that good. They have zippers in the front for easy on and off but snug up with the zipper up so they won't come off in an accident. Lots of foot protection. All of the Harley guys admire my boots too. So, no downside for me with most motorcyclists liking my bike and the rest liking my boots. Win-win.

Anyhow, what I am meaning to say is that these boots have a one inch thick sole and the heel is one and a half inches. With them on, I have a little better reach to the ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a women with short legs I had a shoe maker put on extra thick soles but I look like Herman Munster if you know who that is. I have ugly beat for sure it is the one reason I don't ride as much as I would like. Do you have a picture of your bike lowered?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Stripped seat

I have a completely strip to the bone seat. My inseam is 33". I have been experimenting. Without foam it will really lower you down. I am using as a seat pad, 2 gel pads for comfort. So if you drastically strip the seat and rebuild. You can get results.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have seen some various experiements with seat lowering & raising. I would be interested in seeing some pictures.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am a women with short legs I had a shoe maker put on extra thick soles but I look like Herman Munster if you know who that is. I have ugly beat for sure it is the one reason I don't ride as much as I would like. Do you have a picture of your bike lowered?
My Burgman isn't lowered. The bike I was talking about that has been lowered is my 650 V-Strom.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am seriously considering some modifications to the seat to make it for a vertically challenged person. For every action there is a reaction. In this case it would effect the storage cavity.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another Solution

I had the same problem. My legs are just too short to reach the ground. I looked at removing foam from the seat, but this would result in the seat being too hard. I found a great pair of riding boots that have solved the problem. I can now reach the ground with ease.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would do with less storage under the seat if the seat was lower. I would like to be flat footed with out feeling like I might fall of my shoes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts