Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok 2 states did it, let the jokes begin! now personally I am in favor although I do not participate in reality bending substances myself, having a hard enough time holding on to reality without anything stronger than an aspirin and a television news program

colorado, well they will still fall off mountains like with alcohol but slllooooowwweeerrrr and the screams will be much more mellow and when they hit it will be more of a whump than a thump
cheetos stock will triple

teen pregnancy rates will plummet, little willie won't

lets have a bud will have a whole nother meaning

the average car crash will be at 4 miles per hour

cops will recieve domestic violence calls only when someone bit45 slaps their roommate over a twinkie

Washington state

it will rain

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I am fully in favor of the medical use but recreational use might be a little troubling.
I just watch a show about Israel using it in there nursing homes and the doctors reported that the patients appetites and moods improved dramatically! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
So...what's with the cheetos that everyone is talking about. I have clearly lived a sheltered life.

Chris

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I believe it is the kiddie's treat of choice when the munchies hit them.
Just look for the kids with squinty eyes and orange fingers. :wink:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Daboo said:
So...what's with the cheetos that everyone is talking about. I have clearly lived a sheltered life.

Chris
Ahem;
I know from experience in a much younger life, exactly how many Cheeto's are in a two pound box :oops:

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DandyDoug said:
Daboo said:

Chris
Ahem;
I know from experience in a much younger life, exactly how many Cheeto's are in a two pound box :oops:
that's a story I'd like to hear, I think, 2 POUNDS??????? what? a billion? there has to be nekkid wimmin involved in there somewhere :twisted:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Who cares? :thumbup:

mikeyMarine said:
ok 2 states did it, let the jokes begin! now personally I am in favor although I do not participate in reality bending substances myself, having a hard enough time holding on to reality without anything stronger than an aspirin and a television news program

colorado, well they will still fall off mountains like with alcohol but slllooooowwweeerrrr and the screams will be much more mellow and when they hit it will be more of a whump than a thump
cheetos stock will triple

teen pregnancy rates will plummet, little willie won't

lets have a bud will have a whole nother meaning

the average car crash will be at 4 miles per hour

cops will recieve domestic violence calls only when someone bit45 slaps their roommate over a twinkie

Washington state

it will rain

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
It might not be quite legal in Calif. yet

But my county supervisors just announced they do not have enough personnel to go after recreational(?) growers

All I see around this town is new 6 foot fences going up.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
The scary part for me, is the increased number of people who will be under the influence on the same roads as I am.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I'm old enough and smart enough to "live and let live" and can make my own choices about what is good for me. Never done illicit drugs, but during my previous use of legal recreational drugs (alcohol, tobacco) I know I didn't make the best choices.

I know I wouldn't touch it if it were legal - just as I don't touch tobacco and rarely drink (in moderation) anymore.

So, I could care less about the potheads or me in this decision - and it's growing acceptance.

I worry about my son.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The nice part of this is no more driving 50 miles for a random drug test before crawling into the cockpit of the plane. The passengers won't care either since they voted and said it is ok.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Daboo said:
The scary part for me, is the increased number of people who will be under the influence on the same roads as I am.

Chris
The few who might venture out under the influence of THC will be easy for you to spot...They will probably be driving 20 MPH UNDER the legal speed limit :lol: ...in all likelihood, they would be too "mellow" to get up from the couch :D

BTW, they are already out there...you have been among them for decades :) ...I would not "up my scary-meter" due to this vote

THC has a different neurophysiology effect than ethanol on the motor and sensory receptors of the brain

I interpreted the votes in CO and WA as a vote for personal liberty. The proposition in OR would probably had passed if it had been worded more specifically. OR allows one to die with dignity, it is legal to obtain a prescription for a lethal dose of barbiturates. Chicago has recently changed its' possession laws to allow approximately 15 joints or less to be a misdemeanor, get a ticket, pay a fine, go on your way. The aldermen got fed up with wasting so many law enforcement hours and taxpayer dollars on recreational users while the homicide rates continue to skyrocket

It has been 30+years now since the "War on Drugs" was ushered in with Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" proclamation. The US has spent countless billions of taxpayer dollars and countless millions of law enforcement/judicial hours and incarcerated tens of thousands of recreational users to gain nothing. Kind of reminds one of how "successful" the 18th amendment was :roll:

The post election interviews with the top republican strategists on how they could have been so wrong in their predictions and analysis, boiled down to "This is not your father's USA anymore"...times change, demographics change, values change...adapt to the change or perish

Stepping down from my soapbox

Bill

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I had a thought regarding this that popped into my mind last night. Washington state has several military bases. It's been a few years since I was on active duty, but when I was, if you tested positive for THC in your blood, you were out of the USAF. No recourse. And the chemical stayed in your blood for 21 days.

We've heard about how there will be a conflict between the federal law and the state laws, and that sounds like something to be fought out in the court system. But I can see a lot of confusion for the military man stationed in one of these states where marijuana is as legal as drinking a couple glasses of wine at home. I shouldn't just say "confusion", but it could lead to some careers ended.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
malahy1501 said:
It has been 30+years now since the "War on Drugs" was ushered in with Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" proclamation.
I hate to tell you but the "war on drugs" was under way decades before she made the "Just Say No" proclamation in the mid 80's. Nixon put the name to it in 1971 when he declared it under that name but it just continued and expanded federal drug policies that go all the way back to 1914 when the "Harrison Narcotics Tax Act" was passed. From then to 1970 more and more restrictions were put in place leading up to the "Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970" and Nixon's declaration.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
But before that George Washington smoked weed and promoted Hemp growing to boost our fragile economy in the very beginning of our country (read his diary).
He stated to plant it freely and abundantly everywhere possible! Much later in the 1920's came the "Refer Madness" scare during prohibition.
So I guess we are just slowly returning to our roots to help our again fragile economy.....who says history doesn't repeat itself.
Changing times and demographics are just the swings of histories pendulum.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
malahy - they are still impaired. Sleepy drivers are there already too, but that don't make it right.

Impaired is impaired.

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I interpreted the votes in CO and WA as a vote for personal liberty. The proposition in OR would probably had passed if it had been worded more specifically. OR allows one to die with dignity, it is legal to obtain a prescription for a lethal dose of barbiturates. Chicago has recently changed its' possession laws to allow approximately 15 joints or less to be a misdemeanor, get a ticket, pay a fine, go on your way. The aldermen got fed up with wasting so many law enforcement hours and taxpayer dollars on recreational users while the homicide rates continue to skyrocket

is it still a joint if it is rolled in a bedsheet? :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts