Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hi Andy..............sorry about your wife......!!!! I posted your question on a motorcycle forum and asked a Canadian dealer who deals in bikes and trikes.

Waiting for an answer now........

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
adentre said:
Hi I live in Saskatchewan Canada and had my wife's bike, a 2006 burgman 400 with tow pac trike kit licensed for a couple of years as a two wheeled bike which I found out was illegal. Now I find out that it is illegal here to have a trike kit attached to this bike and it cannot be licensed at all in this province. I was floored. Is there any province or state that trike kits such as the tow pac are 'illegal' other than Saskatchewan Canada? Thanks for any help with this. My wife passed away in January and I will be selling her bike, I guess separately. Bike to someone local and trike kit to another province or state that allows trike kits.

Andy

Andy - I posted your question on a motorcycle forum of which I am a member also and finally got a reply from another member from Canada.........!!!

Trigg trike kits and EasyOn trike kits are allowed for sure in Alberta...our province...there is a dealer who sells the EasyOn and we sell the Trigg
I beleive if you hit the Border as a Canadian coming North with a bike with the kit on they might not allow it..installed in Canada is a different story.

I would have to check with Alberta Registry on the one that is talked about in your post..the TowPAc..

FYI..you cannot import a motorcycle into Canada that has been converted to a true trike IE: Lehman / Champion etc on a Harley or Goldwing. ..but the conversions are legal to install on a motorcycle already in Canada..

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
adentre said:
looks like I may be selling my wife's quike to someone in Alberta. Look soon for a posting in classifieds, as soon as the snow is gone in Regina, which seems to be a long way away. It is going down to minus 16 celcius tonight!!!!!!! Good grief, I'd actually like to type some different words I am actually thinking :evil: , but I don't think it would cut it on this site. :lol:
Good luck........!!! Both with selling the scoot in Alberta and with those god-awful low temps.......!! For those member who don't "speak" Canadian - -16 C is just 3 stinkin' degrees F.......... Holy moly...!!! Batman!! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.