Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter's coming and I'm getting soft. I've done a search on leg covers but there's not a lot of information about, does anyone here regularly use these?
They are extremely common in Europe ( not England ) but I can only seem to find two major manufacturers,

Bagster http://www.baglux.co.uk/apronsandmuffs.asp

and Tucano http://www.tucanourbano.it/

They don't look very exciting but at least people wouldn't see when I've got odd socks on...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Dave

Blez - the journo on the Twist N Go magazine use the Tucano Thermoscud with the inflatable sides (which prevents flapping at high speed). - He is impressed with them apparently (for winter use). He does not hang around either!!

I ain't used mine yet!

I think you would look real cool with a red tartan one - to match yer pipe and slippers. :D

PS: Mine is zebra pattern :shock: - straight up honest!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crikey Norm, no matter what time of night you're in with a reply in minutes. Have you got a computer on the Burg? :) I've just spotted you over in the Suzuki UK forum too!!!

I had a Eurostar trip to Paris last week and the scooter population there just blows you away. Everyone from 14 to 90 is blatting about on scoots like maniacs, every traffic light was like the start of a motocross with 40 bikes trying to get away first into a lane wide enough for 4, and the pavements are littered with them too. Oddly, Burg's were rare, the Piaggio X9 seemed to be most common, I guess Suzuki's price range doesn't help.

But every accessory under the sun was on display. Most had leg covers (aprons, seat covers, what ever you call them) either wrapped around them or rolled up over the front like a bedroll. I thought it might be cosy this winter to keep me bits warm and dry for the first time ever. No-body knows what I could be wearing under one of those, I could go commando!

Did you buy yours or get it with the bike? Zebra stripes eh, you must look like Daktari's Landrover, you'll get rhinos charging at you. I kinda like the Urban Camo one, but then I'd never be able to find the bike if I got off it, it would disappear! And the Tartan one looks like Christmas wrapping. I might just be boring and have black. 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Its called omni-presence! :laughing3:

Yes Paris is good for scoots. I was over there for 2 weeks just before Christmas (attending language school) - I wish I had the Burgman then!

Off topic - their public transport is superb and cheap I travelled into Paris for the whole 2 weeks for £37 all up. I was living same distance from Paris as Pompey is to London!!

I bought the apron and muffs from a guy exiting the Burgman scene at a price that was very nice. So the zebra stripes were not a issue but expect some teasing when I pole up looking like something out of Daktari!

The guy I bought them form had a nice little chronicle about the Burgman on a website, it would have been really good if he had kept going with it. Here it is

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ha! That's the site where I first learned about the Malossi. The Dyno Graph page really peaked my interest. If it wouldn't effect my extended warranty, I'd probably have it installed.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
Ha! That's the site where I first learned about the Malossi. The Dyno Graph page really peaked my interest. [snipped].
Me too!

·
Registered
111 Posts
say just how do these things work? how do you get into the bike with these attached? how do you put your feet down at stops? etc.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
corvairbob said:
say just how do these things work? how do you get into the bike with these attached? how do you put your feet down at stops? etc.
Bob

To be honest I cannot tell you from experience, because I have not fitted mine - I am waiting for the official onset of winter, I should have put the bloody thing on in August. :lol:

But, you need to bring your feet back so they are sort of over the cut outs in the boards and then you can kick through them easily.

It cannot be difficult there are absolutely loads of them in use by the Italians and French - and they cannot even make a decent cup of tea. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
NormanB said:
It cannot be difficult there are absolutely loads of them in use by the Italians and French - and they cannot even make a decent cup of tea. :lol: :lol:
Hey hey hey watch it - I am 50% Italian, and, um, well, what kind of a Nancy boy drinks TEA anyway? :shock:

Say what you will about the French, but their women are gorgeous and their public transportation system is unequaled.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bleeder said:
NormanB said:
Hey hey hey watch it - I am 50% Italian, and, um, well, what kind of a Nancy boy drinks TEA anyway? :shock:

Say what you will about the French, but their women are gorgeous and their public transportation system is unequaled.

Peace.
I have this way with me - I just tell the truth. :wink:

The only reason you lot are so adverse to TEA is some sort of historical spat over tax! The term Nancy boy is politically incorrect and a tadge passe. But I like my tea (and will will take the hit :wink: ) while acknowledging that Brits also make crap coffee!

Some French women are gorgeous and most have style. The public transport in most of mainland Europe (not UK!!) is terrific.

:) :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
I forget, but don't french women tend to NOT shave armpit hair?

Now THAT's just GROSS! (or is it German women? I have no idea...) Please, someone correct me if i'm wrong, and please, all french women who read this, please forgive me, really.

The only thing that makes a beautiful women more ugly than armpit hair is when they light up a cigarette, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
flintbobbi said:
I forget, but don't french women tend to NOT shave armpit hair?
Funny you should mention that there was a programme on UK TV recently about a rich Californian male who travelled to Italy in his quest for a hirsuit female. It takes all sorts! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts