Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to the Burgman family. Does the side louvres pop out or are they fixed in the body. Thanks.
Kenny

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. Looks like i have to remove the floor board to pop them out. There is a nut holding it in. I was trying to run my GPS wires to the battery without doing a lot of tupperware removal. I guess there is no shortcut.
Kenny

·
Registered
735 Posts
I ran grip-heater wiring from the battery to the opening for the parking brake by removing only the "maintenance lid" and perhaps the battery tray. I used a short piece of fish tape to push the wiring through the "tunnel" area but I don't remember how I got it through the hand brake opening but I removed no other tupperware.

The louver you asked about is held to the footboard tupperware by 5 or 6 retaining washers but you should NOT have to remove the footboard -- trust me, you don't want to do it unless you really have to.

BTW it would be nice if you update your profile to show your model and model year. Welcome!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've been looking for the silver ones of those. Where could I find them do you think?
Do you mean the retaining washers? I carefully re-used mine when I replaced the footboard. Grainger has some in their catalog but I don't know if they're the correct size. We have a store called Tacoma Screw, that would be my first stop; don't know what the equivalent in Phoenix would be.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I will keep looking but think it was a Russian, Japanese, or Germany site I saw it on. I didn't care for the look personally and passed it up and didn't keep the website saved so when I happen upon it again in the future I will post it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have my GPS hooked up. I ran my power cable from the handle bar down to somewhere near the horn area, there is a small finger size hole that leads to the tunnel area. I then fished the cable under the floor board to the battery. There is nothing showing, it ia all good.
I guess my first question on the louvre had nothing to do with my goal after all.
Thank you for all the inputs.
Kenny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts