Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LeDude's scooter died a few months back:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57574

I don't come to this forum very often, and when I do, it's for maintenance advice. In fact, just after I got my Burgman (2008), it died a similar death (viewtopic.php?t=31868 ) and this place was very helpful.

I know the repair is expensive. Mine ran about $3,000.

LeDude's maintenace write-ups and videos have been a TREMENDOUS help to me over the years. I would have no problem sending him a PayPal gift or some sort of contribution for all his hard work. If several of us did the same thing, it might take the bite out for him just a little bit. The repair he's facing is already becoming a benefit to all of us, as he documents the stuff any one of us might face tomorrow.

Who's with me?

Mods or LeDude, if this thread is inappropriate, please have it edited or deleted.

·
Administrator
18,398 Posts
Well if LeDude would accept this then all he would have to do is give us an Email Addy that he has a PayPal account tied to.

I'm with you too.

Let me add this though. When I had my second major motorcycle accident, one of the members asked to start a PayPal donation for me. While I was missing days at work, I felt that I was still able to pay the mortgage and all my bills and could not burden that on other members. As I do not know LeDude nor his income status, I do agree that his self perseverance in all things Burgman is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Thanks for the kind offer and words of support, it is greatly appreciated but not really necessary.

Being part of this great forum is reward enough.

In the past I would have suggested that people make donations to BUSA but that time has past.

I am still working on the scoot and nearing the final steps of finding out what went wrong in the CVT and what will need replacing.

It has been an education for me, the only down side has been a lot of time conflicts with other life obligations, but the end is near as
I will hopefully have more continuous blocks of time on my hands this month.

Once again, thanks a whole bunch for the kind thought and gesture, means a great deal to me.

I am looking at the repair costs from a return on investment point of view.

Is it worth fixing a scoot with 52k miles on it for lets say $1200-1500 or should I buy another 2nd one with 3-5k miles on it for $3800-4500.

all the best...

ps: an alternate idea would be for forum members to pool together and start a fund to purchase the special tools for either model (650 / 400) so they can be shared by all when they need it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Post moderated by NormanB because it breached forum rules.

·
Premium Member
8,172 Posts
I am still working on the scoot and nearing the final steps of finding out what went wrong in the CVT and what will need replacing.

It has been an education for me, the only down side has been a lot of time conflicts with other life obligations, but the end is near as
I will hopefully have more continuous blocks of time on my hands this month.

Once again, thanks a whole bunch for the kind thought and gesture, means a great deal to me.

I am looking at the repair costs from a return on investment point of view.

Is it worth fixing a scoot with 52k miles on it for lets say $1200-1500 or should I buy another 2nd one with 3-5k miles on it for $3800-4500.

all the best...

two things most always you benefit from a newer model,
bikes is one
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
something about horses drinking whiskey

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like Anon, I don't post often, but spend a lot of time learning and laughing with this great bunch. It is a shame about LeDude's ride and a wonderful idea to help him out. But his (LeDude's) response was very cool and probably what most of us expected and his idea of the group putting together the "special tools" needed, according to Suzuki, is fantastic.
Count me in as monetary assistance (just not a whole big bunch of it) for this project if that is what is decided by the majority.
Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I often thought that if my CVT fails I'd buy all the special tools and then start a loaner program.

I'm in for some cash too!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am in for a plane ticket for Ledude to South Florida when my CVT takes a crapper.. and i need it repaired :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts