Registered
408 Posts
simbaboy;1150074. I got Bromance with LeDude. :p Simba[/QUOTE said:
Who doesn't????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Confidence building.

Yeah me too. I have some mechanical experience in my past, but wanted reassurance that I could face all the potential pitfalls of doing jobs at home. Thanks to LeDude and this forum...I'm going to tackle my wheel bearings (K3 model with 50k kms) and a progressively worsening Final Drive Oil Seal drip. It really helped having the sizes online so I could order non-genuine without first having to remove them. I just wish I'd asked for the dimensions of an FD oil seal, as the OEM part is over twice the price you guys pay in USA. :( Also going to change the plugs myself this time. Oh, and Farquarforever's tip on the primary pulley stopper bolt is the cheapest, easist identifiable problem to fix on the Burgman....I removed mine expected not to find much, only to find it was significantly worn and 'traumatised' around the crucial 1mm tip that does all the work...new one on the way. :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Oh, and Farquarforever's tip on the primary pulley stopper bolt is the cheapest, easist identifiable problem to fix on the Burgman....I removed mine expected not to find much, only to find it was significantly worn and 'traumatised' around the crucial 1mm tip that does all the work...new one on the way. :)
Thanks for the compliment, but it's not deserved.

Kudos goes to Buffalo, I believe. ;)

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it...

I foresee having a 650 for a very long time, I will probably pick-up a second hand newer 13+ model at some time.

mechanically speaking, not much has changed on the 650 with a few mechanical improvements which should
keep the newer models from having the same issues as the older models, especially the 03/04 ones.

The tupperware is a bit different but anybody with a service manual should be able to follow the removal steps easily.

I will start a new 13+ page as soon as I get one...

all the best...

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I foresee having a 650 for a very long time, I will probably pick-up a second hand newer 13+ model at some time.
I find this very comforting as I'm working up the nerve to start doing some maintenance myself.

What a GREAT forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts