Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed over their tail lights to LEDs? Do you have any pictures? I see at Walmart they have the 1157 style LED but I was wondering how they look first, then, do you get red, or clear and the red lens makes them look red?
Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I would not by LED tail lights from Wal Mart. Get GOOD quality bulbs at, say, SuperBrightLEDs.com. I have bought cheap LEDs from Wally World and Amazon and regretted it.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
And white LED's do not emit white light, it is a blue and a red lenses will block all but red light so get red LEDs for the rear. Superbrights in use for over 4 years and they are bright.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What bulbs do I need for the 650 and 03 400? I'd like to do the turn signals and tail lights
Not sure for the 400 but for the 650:

I ordered the following from superbrightleds.com – total cost was about $150

BAU15S-A18-T x4 amber turn signals
1157-R45-T x2 red brake lights
LF1-S-Flat x1 to make the turn signals flash correctly
3022-CWHP4 x1 trunk light
WLED-WHP5 x1 license plate light

word doc on the installation

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a0thpi62w86vpf/Burgman LED part 1.docx?dl=0

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not sure if you are looking to switch over to LEDs for power savings or for brighter, more visible brake lights.

If your goal is better visiibility, you can't go wrong with Skene Design P3 conspicuity lights. They don't replace your brake lights, but supplement them.

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml

Installed them a couple of years ago. I find them to be very effective.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Do a search for led replacement lamp list. There are several lamps listed there in both threads that have been reviewed for fitment. The lists are getting updated for a few of the modern bulbs but check back regularly on them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the Skene P3 lights last week. They are awesome lights with tremendous visibility. I also ordered 1157 LED's from superbright lights. Much brighter when brake lights come on. Slightly brighter running lights. P3's really add to the running lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forum won't allow me to post a link, so... For the BEST LED taillights (I've wasted about $30 on crap for my Burgman 650), go to amazon.com, search for "JDM Astar 1157 PX Red", it should only return 1 item. If not, make SURE you choose the red one! At $24.99 for a set of two, I promise you won't go wrong!

And no, I have absolutely no connection to JDM Astar or Amazon.

·
Registered
592 Posts
For very bright tail and brake lights I am using TailBlazer halogen bulbs in my 2013 400. VERY bright (brighter than any LEDs) and they pulse when brakes applied.
Stig

·
Registered
939 Posts
I tried the LED tails lights and turn signals. Looks cool but didn't blow my skirt up so to say.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts