Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some LED to light up the rear of my bike. 2008 Burg 400.

I found several flexible strip lights at Auto Zone. Perfect, I thought, because the 400 doesn't have a flat spot on the rear.

Anyone have experience with AZ lights? I thought I read disparaging comments- that they are unreliable "ricer" lights.

Some of them sure are bright! though!! :)

Also I found some add-on brake lights, from Aerostitch, they attach to the bottom of the rear license plate.

Thank you

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Mike, I bought the same red led strips at AZ and put them on my Coocase. I tied them to the running lights and they made a BIG differance. I've had them for 6 months with no problems. Light rain made no differance. Mark

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Most of those Auto Zone Leds Are Cheap!! and from Main-Land China, AZ buys for cheap and sales them for High $$

The last ones i got from them Bursted into flames in my Headlight Asse Never Purchased another led from them ever again, Use at your Own Risk!!

Leadlight.com
Superbrightleds.com
Vleds.com

are good Sources for Led Lights.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have put those strips from auto zone on quite a few scooters for myself and other people. I always test them with a battery before installation as long as they all light up with the same intensity I have never had a problem. I have always used the regular leds not the max leds, they are so bright if you pull up next to a light colored car at night they will effect your night vision. If you install them on the bottom of the rear plastic on both sides running from back to front they give a nice glow all around the back of the scoot, and if you are behind the scoot you can see the lights themselves, makes you much more visible night and day! I have had people tell me how cool the lights look and my response is always thanks but there not there to look cool they are there so I can be seen better and maybe not get ran over. In my opinion they are one of the best add on safety features you can do.:D And for the bursting into flames, they make special leds to put inside the headlight assembly that are designed to take the extreme heat.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I have put those strips from auto zone on quite a few scooters for myself and other people. I always test them with a battery before installation as long as they all light up with the same intensity I have never had a problem. I have always used the regular leds not the max leds, they are so bright if you pull up next to a light colored car at night they will effect your night vision. If you install them on the bottom of the rear plastic on both sides running from back to front they give a nice glow all around the back of the scoot, and if you are behind the scoot you can see the lights themselves, makes you much more visible night and day! I have had people tell me how cool the lights look and my response is always thanks but there not there to look cool they are there so I can be seen better and maybe not get ran over. In my opinion they are one of the best add on safety features you can do.:D And for the bursting into flames, they make special leds to put inside the headlight assembly that are designed to take the extreme heat.
These were special, Leds Made for Heat!!! I Don't trust China, with any thing,.. That's One reason why i stay away, That AZ stuff is not that Bright, Becuze there following a Intensity Code of L.e.d Lumens Only, You want to pass that Code you have to Order them,

Heat or no Heat Leds don't Catch on fire when there Hot,, China has been Know to put Chemicals in there stuff Just becuze the Primary Elements Ran out, LED Chemicals in toys is still going on now!!! I don't want my kid playing with any China toys, And now China Dog food has Killed atleast a few dogs here in the U.S all ready,

But had Leds that i ordered that said High heat but still Went out, So i put the Bulbs back in.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I was looking for some LED to light up the rear of my bike. 2008 Burg 400.

I found several flexible strip lights at Auto Zone. Perfect, I thought, because the 400 doesn't have a flat spot on the rear.

Anyone have experience with AZ lights? I thought I read disparaging comments- that they are unreliable "ricer" lights.

Some of them sure are bright! though!! :)

Also I found some add-on brake lights, from Aerostitch, they attach to the bottom of the rear license plate.

Thank you
I bought a package of 2 red LED sticky strips at Harbor Freight about 3 years ago and stuck them on the rear mud flap...........about $4-5. WIRED THEM TO THE TAIL LIGHTS and have not had any problems. I am sure that they came from China too..............

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks and another question

OK- thanks for the Oznium info- ordered and they are on their way- even paid extra for quick ship :) So I'm running power wires today.

How do I remove wax from the scooter body? I want to make sure the double-sided tape or silicone REALLY holds the LED strips on.

Photos will be posted. 2-long reds for the back, 2-whites for inside the front mouth, over the tire, 2-small amber for the front side markers. :) Merry Christmas to MEEEE.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Rubbing alcohol works well to remove the wax!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts