Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone had replaced their pathetic little sidelight/drive light bulbs with LEDs, and which ones.

Also, how to replace them - does the entire front of the bike have to come off? I couldnt see any micsberg or other how tos on how to pull it all off to replace them. I did search (probably not very well all the same!).

also - anyone got any feelings on the Peak Scooter lap and foul weather gear - anyone bought their stuff?

Cheers :) :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If you mean the turn signal lights? (Which I converted to amber running lights/turn signals)
It seems that considerable tupperware came off. Start with the nose of the bike. I think the glovebox/dash panel too.
Sorry can't remember at the moment. But not a hard job once you figure it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I dont mean the indicators, I mean the little bulb lights which are on when you drive, or stay on when you park and turn the key to the far left...

If anyone knows where a how to, to replace them that would be great, as well as a recommended LED replacement, they would make good DRLs..

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good to know, thanks for that - just what I was looking for - couldnt seem to find that using searches :cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cheekygrin73 said:
couldnt seem to find that using searches :cheers:
My experience is that the forum search engine isn't very useful. I search the forum using Google by entering "burgmanusa" and the term I'm searching for. Much better results!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly off topic, but you can force Google to only search a particular site by entering a particular string, so in the case of led lights from BurgmanUSA you would enter into the Google search box:

LED lights site:burgmanusa.com

It will then only give you hits from this site. I use it a lot on other forums because as you say, most of them have quite poor search engines.

Cheers!

Don.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there folks - so these 194 bulbs TechartGuy is talking about - wedge type base - I was wondering if anyone had replaced them with LEDS...

Reason being - some are just forward facing, high output, some are multiheaded, and fire light in all directions.

Question - probably to those who have some experience here - which would you recommend - forward facing in this application, or LEDs with side bulb capability?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I replaced mine with the multi led type, with four tiny leds facing forwards, then 4 on each of the 4 sides. The only thing I found was they have slightly discoloured the silver fininsh on the plastic above the light. I guess they must run hotter. I love them though, very, very bright. You cant look directly at them close to the bike without them hurting your eyes. ( Note when you fit them, they will only work one way round being LEDs so check them before you re fit them, if they dont work, simply take them off and re-fit the other way round ).

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You forgot to mention HOT 8) The headlights Bulbs them self Generate Heat, and then the Heat from the LEDS makes them Die out much faster, I can only get them to last 3 years at Best before trey Burn out,
Replaced them at least 3 times already, tried metal ones and Plastic ones, will be going back to Glass ones, soon,

But been planing on drilling some holes Behind the #194 Ports to bring in Venting for cooling them down, Maybe a scooper Air intake Direct to the #194 LEDS Might fix the problem.. I Hope. :cheers:

L.E.D.S emits Slight , Radiation that why you see the discolor that you been talking about and the Lens will all so show a layer of sheen as well.

any body have any better ideals let us know.

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The trick is to buy leds that run cooler normally to extend their life in such an applications. The 1watt or any of them with a heatsink will run hot. Types with smd chips or normal leds will last longer in that position of the headlamp. I have a friend that has the 5smd type 194 in his gs500f's headlight that is still in there since he bought it in 07'.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Good! point Sean, I been trying 1 watt and now i have 2 watt in them now, atleast one 1 watt the other one burned out, i would like to have something bright there of course but must make sacrifices, :cheers:

Elliott,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts