Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uploaded a few photo of my seat with back rest removed and re covered in two tone marine leather, also a mat to fit over the hump in front of seat and a few more photo of the my Burg. I will be uploading more this week showing the graphic job I did this past weekend, (I work in progress).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
burg650 said:
I have uploaded a few photo of my seat with back rest removed and re covered in two tone marine leather
That two tone pattern makes the seat look less fat, which is something I'd like to achieve with mine. Did you alter the foam at all?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi there Burg650!
Nicely done and I like the coordinated hump mat. Sure does individualizie it from all the other Burgmans. Did you do the leather work your self?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I did not changes the shape or remove any foam from the seat. Because of the two tone leather and the stitch work and the fact that the back rest was removed does give the appearance that the shape has changed, I did have to add a very thin piece of pad where the holes were for the back rest as it was metal at that point.

I can't take credit for the idea of doing the hump mat, on a Tokyo Skywave 650 web site there is a mat you can buy that covers the hump I just made some changes and decided to do it in leather to match the seat.

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
Looks very nice burg,

How did you exactly fasten the mud flap. I didn't see any fasteners, very clean.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I used velcro this way I can remove it if I need access to the panel below or if I park somewhere I belive it might go missing. This is not the way I will leave it I am looking into more ways I can make it more secure so I do not have to feel like I need to remove it each time I park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts