Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Informative Ian. Thanks. I read something similar a few years ago when a rider on one of the forums I was frequenting suffered serious midrift injuries after his US$2000 two piece racing suit came apart and exposed his bare flesh to the elements. It doesn't matter how good the material is if it comes apart out at the seams or 'bursts', as this article describes it. Cheap and poorly made leather clothing is particularly bad in this respect.

One of the Japanese motorcycle clothing manufacturers offers armourised jeans that use a mixture of Aramid fibre (a.k.a Kevlar) and denim that whilst looking like completely normal jeans give 3 times the abrasive protection (2 seconds as opposed to 0.6 if a single layer is used) in the event of a crash. With barely visible CE armour inserts, for those that must wear denim it's an excellent compromise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lycheed,
I believe in freedom of choice in these matters with the benefit of information to enable that choice. I posted this report because with most forums the facts and the original question get buried beneath the chit chat and unrelated subjects when matters of safety should be paramount.
This is not a criticism of this web site it is a statement of fact.
I have seen similar jeans as you mention ie Dragin Jeans in the USA. There will always be the fashion conscious and that is their choice,me, I have been around long enough to see the crash results of most clothing and I choose to wear a good quality multi panel multi stitch armoured leather suit and I ride in the heat of Saudi Arabia.

Ian :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts