Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida, it's been cold this spring, hoping for a little more sunshine & warm weather to ride in.
I'm another proud Burgman 650 owner, scooters have changed alot in the last 30 years that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Please define what 'cold' is for a Floridian. :D Up here in Michigan, cold is what we had a few nights ago -- 9F/-13C. Today it got a little above freezing to where the snow on the driveway was getting pretty slushy. A veritable heat wave!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums rimjaine. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome, rimjaine.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hi rimjaine!

I hate the cold. That's why I've decided to leave everywhere else and BE here. Given that I have not any electric riding clothes, and only a regular leather jacket, I prefer to not ride if it's below 50. (there ya go Frugal... :twisted: )

Whereabouts in FL are you? It seems as though I am the only one thats in the northweastern part.

Welcome. Maybe we'll hook up some day.
Pete

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cold Spring In Florida

frugality said:
Please define what 'cold' is for a Floridian. :D Up here in Michigan, cold is what we had a few nights ago -- 9F/-13C. Today it got a little above freezing to where the snow on the driveway was getting pretty slushy. A veritable heat wave!
We've lived in Florida going on 3 years now, can't say for sure what normal is, but I normally start wearing my shorts in March, it's April now & pretty soon I'll start wearing them again. Anyway a couple March morning temperatures were still down in the high 30's, which makes for some real wind chill riding. Yesterday morning March 31st was beautiful, my 20 mile ride to work was just gorgeous with temperature about 63, should experience another great ride this morning. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
yeah - go ahead rubble it in!! :) i TOLD yaz i cant type!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Pete

Pete said:
Hi rimjaine!

I hate the cold. That's why I've decided to leave everywhere else and BE here. Given that I have not any electric riding clothes, and only a regular leather jacket, I prefer to not ride if it's below 50. (there ya go Frugal... :twisted: )

Whereabouts in FL are you? It seems as though I am the only one thats in the northweastern part.

Welcome. Maybe we'll hook up some day.
Pete
I live in Central Florida near The Villages, in a little town called Lady Lake. I'm guessing that you must live up around the panhandle area, it probably doesn't get any colder up there, but just hangs on longer. I've set the cold end limit for riding at 46 degrees & then I have to ride with multilayer clothes on, I don't have any electric clothes either, just a leather jacket with thinsulate liner, it's heavy. :whax:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts