Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the el cheapo Sony 46 inch rear projection TV and DirectV HD reciever (Samsung) and the picture is fantastic. The HD picture is better than a progressive scan DVD and I have a very good DVD player. I'm more than happy after a year with the new TV.

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I have a 60" Hitachi LCD projection. My only complaint if any is the fan is noisy if the volume is low enough to notice it. I bought it after I returned from IRAQ and RC Willie had a military thank you promotion for an additional 10%off. I got it for $2700.

When using it with my COX HD receiver, its spooky at how clear the image is. Boxers look life like. My favorite channel in HD is the Discovery channel.

If I had to buy it over again I would get one with a built in tuner and a HDMI interface.

http://www.hdmi.com

-Bryan

·
Registered
857 Posts
57 inch Hitachi from Sears - about one year old. No High Definition receiver - but it looks great. I think we got a great bargain at about $2200 or so on sale last Christmas.

I'd like a projection TV for the upstairs loft wall, but too many windows would wash out the picture on the wall - unless I install "black-out" curtains, and I'm just not prepared to do that at this time...

I think Hitachi has one of the lower repair rates according to Consumer reports, if you can trust them...

We almost bought a similar Mitsubishi and the Sony looked fairly good too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts