Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sooo typical of me. I sharpened it up at the end of "last season" - put it away, and it started first pull in late April. Here 'tis June... :oops:

I've been mowing my lawn this year with my mower blade upside floppin down (like 6 times already.)

cheese.

believe it or not tho...it still cut pretty nice!

just another peter dumb dumb.

MAN ITS HOT HERE TODAY!

btw TS Arlene was pretty lame.

uh, like uh, duh.

(i think i like not being too smart - that way i can leave arguments alone, and mow my lawn 6 times as much!!! :D )

justa share :wink:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Just points out that it's not really the sharpness but the impact speed that cuts grass. Those buzzing weed trimmers with 1/8" nylon cord are NOT sharp, yet they'll trim your edges just fine.

I do suggest you invert the blade, though. The grass may not recover as quickly after a dull cut as it would after a sharp cut.

Oh, and welcome to the "I'm only human" club. I've been a member since I turned 22. :wink:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm sure you're not the first person to install a blade upside down.
I removed the blades on my mower today to sharpen them, and had to take note so I'd reinstall them properly.
You'd think it would be an easy thing for the people who make blades to stamp them "This side faces the ground", or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts