Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one? I was trying to come up with a list of torque values for some basic stuff and was doing fine until I found two different values for the clutch bell nut on this very site. What I have so far is engine oil drain plug = 16.5 lb-ft, final drive drain 8.5, final drive level 11.5, variator nut 76.0, variator cover bolts 7.0, oil filter bolts 7.0, clutch bell nut ? If someone could correct or list these values it would be most appreciated. I just got my 08 Burgman 400 about 3 weeks ago and don't think I'll need a Service Manuel for at least 3 more years with all the knowledge here. I know, I'm a big suck up. Thanks Tom

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't have a definitive answer but...

I believe the clutch bell and the variator have the same size nut on them and mount to very similar shafts (material and application). I'm betting they also have the same torque spec.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This is just my opinion but I think a service manual is a must have item for any vehicle I own. I read it like any other book. Doing so almost always tells me things I don't think to ask about. There is no harm in reading the service manual before you need to. But if you wait until something breaks it is too late to do preventive maintenance that you may have known to do if you had read the service manual ahead of time. I do agree with you on all the knowledge available on this forum, but I just feel more comfortable reading thru a service manual at my leisure ahead of time. My 2 cents. YMMV :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys, give me a break will ya? I just need a couple of torque values.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts