Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made what will be the last ride for me this year. The 400 needed to be inspected so I road it down to the inspection station. Only 3 1/2 miles there so just a total of 7 miles round trip. Cool ride though. It was 38 degrees. For the short ride I did not bundle up, just my winter riding jacket and pants with no liners and my winter gloves. Didn't even put on the boots, just wore my street shoes.

My total mileage for the year wasn't as high as years past but not to bad. I put 12,625 miles on the 650 and 2,767 miles on the 400 for a total of 15,392 miles on both bikes.

Chances of sleet and freezing rain tonight then cold rain for the next three days so won't be riding again for a few days.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Whoa 27 degrees and ice down the road from you in San Angelo Texas. No ride today and not looking good for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, everything west and southwest of DFW is looking at some significant frozen precipitation. Here in Terrell we will be on the edge of it so hopefully it will stay just above freezing and a cold rain.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Got the drizzle, freezing fog & snow here since
Tues. morning. Temps made it up to 27 today.
Might get above 32 on Friday, before the next
cold front hits here with more wet stuff.:hmph:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I live in a state where there are no formal annual inspections , a cop can inspect on a pull over but that's another story . Just curious , how does that work in your state ? What I mean is it annual , who does it , how complete is it , do they charge a fee etc.etc. ??? Also , what if it fails the inspection do they let you ride away on it ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I live in a state where there are no formal annual inspections , a cop can inspect on a pull over but that's another story . Just curious , how does that work in your state ? What I mean is it annual , who does it , how complete is it , do they charge a fee etc.etc. ??? Also , what if it fails the inspection do they let you ride away on it ?

TheReaper!
In Texas there is an instpection sticker on the windshield that have the date of expiration. It usually costs around $25 and can be done at any service station that is certifiied such as repair stations and quick oil change stations. They mainly check for emmissions, but also horn, lights, signals, and even windsheild wipers. If you fail any of these inspections, you can have the station fix them or you can return later after it is replaced and re-inspect. I have been to some stations that fail you for silly things and some that will accept anything.

Dale

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

TheReaper!
In Texas the inspection is annual.

Independent shops that are certified by the state contract to do the work. The place I went to yesterday is a quick lube kind of place. There is a placard displayed on the front of the business that tells you they do inspections. Not all shops are certified to do all kinds of vehicles. You have to check that the one you are going to can do your vehicle.

The state sets a list of things that should be checked for good working condition. On motorcycles mostly lights, horn, brakes, tires, etc. Cars and trucks have more things that need to be checked. In some counties cars and trucks must also pass an emissions test.

There is a fee, it is set by the state. It varies based on the type of vehicle and if an emissions test is done.

If it does not pass you do not get a sticker and it is illegal to operate the vehicle on public roads without one. You have a grace period in which to get what ever is wrong corrected and the inspection redone.

Starting this year you can't get your vehicle registration unless you have passed an inspection within the last 3 months. You show them the inspection report when you get your registration. They are also doing away with the inspection sticker. Having valid registration now proves you have had the inspection done since you can't get the registration without the inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts