Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yard work done and Temp was 65 degrees F., sunny and calm. We just did a 140 mile casual ride yesterday and got back at 5:30 in the dark. A lot of bikes out there yet.
Last year on Nov 8th, 2" of ice on the pond and 11 degrees F. I put mine to bed for the season. This year, we should make it untill Thanksgiving (Nov 27).

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I took a ride this morning to meet some friends at a Maryland Re-Tread breakfast in Thurmont, MD (home of Camp David). When I left at 7 AM it was in the forties and the electric's felt good. When we came out of the restaurant about 10:15 AM the temps were about 60 degrees so I rode home with just a jacket and summer gloves. Hopefully, the Mid-Atlantic still has a few weeks of "Spring" left.
Jim, the more I see those yellow bags on your bike the more I like them. When I get soft bags for my black 650 I think I'll get the same ones. :D
Don

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well up here in the North (Canada - Toronto area) we got snow on the ground this morning. Luckily, I had put my bike in storage on Saturday after a 50km last run. Now I get to wait another 4-5 months before I can ride again. It's going to be a loooonnnnngggg winter. :cry:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I hear you Arby !!! :cry: I haven't put mine away quite yet but I imagine it will happen within a week or two. I'm not looking forward to 4-5 months of PMS.....(parked motorcycle syndrome)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Dero!!!!!!! shuddup :tongue3: I'm going to do my snow dance for Australia :blob2:

·
Registered
270 Posts
last horah

8) Well down here in Arkansas, i'll be rideing everyday i can. Except when there is snow or ice on the roads. Most of the tme we don't have a real bad winter. It comes and goes. :p I feel for you all with that PMS. Maybe Midol might help. :p I couldn't help myself from throwing that in. :p 8) Well i got to go to work now on the old Burg, later. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
[/Loooonnnggg winter] I know isn't that sad. I am from Edmonton and know the feeling. I however have even a longer wait - I broke my foot in September and now that I am able to ride again - my bike is put away for the winter. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey, let's load 'em up, ship 'em to dero's, fly down and ride for a couple weeks while us northern hemisphere people are in the dread of winter. I hear the beaches are nice. That could either cure or severely mess up a person with S.A.D.(seasonal affective disorder). How do you folks up north deal with it? It's tough on me and I'm at about 42degrees latitude. On Dec. 23rd at high noon our sun is 26 1/2 degrees up from the horizon in the southern sky. Save me quick or it's back on Wellbutrin!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
From the west coast of Canada the weather is still nice enough to ride but it gets a bit crispy once the sun goes down. This week we will have temperatures of 8C to 10C,or mid 40’s to low 50’s F. We are now into the rain season for the next four months. It is not uncommon to get a few days with a bit of snow on the ground.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Looks like I've got about 4 more days to ride... Thanksgiving is out. Turkey dinner for the family is at my house. Sunday, they are talking about a 30% chance of snow. I hope it misses us - but it could put the wraps on my riding season if it hits us with enough volume to bring the salt/sand trucks out.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
California

With the winds coming out of the north, Cal hasn't been much above
49 degrees. I think I could tolerate the cold, but, without fail,
a chill brings on the flu which has left me flat on my back for
a week.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Here in Omaha, night time lows are currently in the teens - high temp today is 35 degrees. The snow we got has mostly melted off though, and the forecast says maybe a high of 50 degrees on Sunday. If that happens, I'll be sorely tempted to go for a ride. Just a little 30 mile local keep-my-sanity sort of ride.... Of course the weather in these parts can change quickly (and drastically) - but we'll see. Might get a December ride in.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Well, I got to ride through the middle of December. The street where I live is a mess now. There has been water constantly running down the street since late Summer. I alerted the water utility months ago. They say it is not their problem, but I still think it is a leaking water main. Anyway, with the colder temps, the water has been freezing into an icy snowlike slush. Since there is a school up the street, the town has been plowing and salting the stuff at least 3 times a day. The street (and my driveway) is white from salt - I don't want to get that stuff on my bikes, so it looks like I may be done riding for the year.

It has been cold too - high temp today was 9 degrees F. Tonight I was in my car stopped at a light. Somebody in this area has a homemade three wheeler - I think it is powered by an old air cooled Volkwagen engine. While I was sitting at the light, that contraption went flying by. The rider appeared to be bundled up in a snowmobile suit. I hit the outside temp button on my dash. 6 degrees F! :shock:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here in South Africa temps are going to be warm till about May, it never snows (not where I live anyway) and I ride all year around. :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Andre, what temp range do you get in the hotter months? Your winters sure sound good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ted clement said:
Andre, what temp range do you get in the hotter months? Your winters sure sound good.
Today is probably around 35 deg.C and that's about the hottest it ever gets.

·
Registered
969 Posts
On my 30-mile drive (yes, drive) home from work last night, the temperature ranged from +6 to -12. I can't imagine an 18 degree range in that distance during the summer.
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Year's Day Ride with the Harleys

I went tlo a holiday party last night along with a few Harley riders. According to the weather forcasts, New Year's day is to be in the mid 40's (F), so of course we planed a ride. We are planning to ride to the Lake Michican beach to watch the other strange people that will be taking a dip into the lake. Some of these people are my sons and grandsons that enjoy that "fun" also. I'm sure the ride will also include a refreshment stop as well. Enjoy the Great mid winter weather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts