Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The American southwest is motorcycle country. Fair weather throughout most of the year. Long open roads and scenic byways. In many instances there are long 90 mile stretches between gas stations. There have also been days when I've driven into a small southwestern town to fill up, only to discover that the town just wasn't open for business, if it was there at all. In all of these situations it helps greatly to have a long fuel range.
Say,... 300 miles...

...and some spare toilet paper, and a large discreet bush.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I agree. I would like to have a five gallon tank with a .5 gal reserve with a petcock to activate. Toatal 5.5 gal. That would do fine and would only add about 15 lbs.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Another gallon and a half would be wonderful. I ride with sports cruisers that have 6 gallon tanks. I am always the one in need of gas first. Since this is a touring scooter, shouldn't we have the gas to tour? :?

Janine

·
Registered
969 Posts
Give me as mush as can be fitted. Take up some trunk area. I want seven gallons! 8)

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
I completely agree. If I could add just one thing to the 650 it would be a larger fuel tank. Even driving in the UK, I have to fill up every other day.

G

·
0 Posts
I also agree. It would be nice... to have... just... a little... more ... :idea:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Three hundred mile range would be ideal. That would equate to about a 5 gallon tank for the AN400 and a 6 gallon tank for the AN650. This would be the most important improvement Suzuki could make on these scooters. It would also put them far ahead of the competition in this area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would like a larger tank but only if it stayed within the current outer line geometry and did not sacrafice trunk space.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Because of the size of Houston, it is normal for me to have 80-mile in-city riding days, and one extra gallon of gas would help a great deal. Besides, it feels rediculous to stop and get 3 gallons and then run off...people might think that I can't afford the gas. :wink:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Instead of the 650's 4gal. tank , how about dual 3.7gal tanks for it? Those would come from the 400. Food for thought.

·
Registered
75 Posts
larger gas tank

Please give me a larger fuel tank. I recently drove Cincinnati>Lexington, Ky>Cincinnati and had to fill up twice when My friend from Dayton, Oh rode his Kawasaki Concours all the way from Dayton to join me and he went all the way home before refilling. He had 7.5 gallons.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LARGER FUEL TANK

I fully support my colleagues overseas about needing a larger fuel tank. Here in Australia you go frequently over 250 km on a country run before you see another fuel stop.
I do not like to ride my 650 below the last two marks on the fuel gauge because I do not know how accurate it is and hate to be stranded 100 km from the nearest fuel stop. The first three marks give me about 75 km, the last two I have no idea and do not want to find out stranded alone somewhere on a bush road.
So Suzuki increase the tank size by another 3 litres at least.

:evil:

·
Registered
35 Posts
freebirdforever said:
They should put a large gas tank in that big empty step-through void.
BRILLIANT.
=======
I second that :!: :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuel Tank Capacity

The fuel capacity on this type of scooter should be no smaller that 5.6 US Gallons. We should have an upgrade modification availible to install in all previous years of production models.
:idea:

·
Premium Member
14,271 Posts
I also would like a larger fuel tank but I'm not willing to give up storage space or the step thru to get it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts