Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything about the Laminarlip Windshield attachment? Check out the site at http://www.laminarlip.com. If it does what it says then at half the price of a GIVI windshield it looks like a good deal to me. [/url]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do it!!! We need a guinea pig. I would do it myself but I presently don't have the resources (I ain't got no dinero).

Jim PHX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laminarlip

I talked to the people at Laminarlip and they siad it only deflected the wind about 3" to 6". At 6'2" I know I need a guananteed 6" to 8". I'm going to invest my money in the GIVI.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Im 6'2" and the GIVI was extremely helpful. I still get some wind at speeds above 55mph. THe 1st thing you will notice is the feeling of a tail wind. The wind goes ove the shield causing a vacume pulling you closer to the front. Im happy with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed the Givi on my bike. I am very dissapointed. I though it would be the panacea I was looking for. Sadly, it is not. As you go faster the shield bends down in the wind. It bends several inches. The wind noise and buffeting are reduced but only by about 40-50% in my case. The main problem for me may be my full face helmet. It is a Shoei RF900 which is supposed to be a very quiet helmet. If I leave the face shield up the helmet is quiet. When the shield is down I get a hurricane worth of wind noise. I may just remove the face shield altogether or just buy an open face. Unfortunately the majority of head injuries in accidents are to the chin area. For that reason I am reluctant to ride with an open face. I do however have a full face motocross helmet with goggles. What do you think everyone will be saying... "total geek" or "mental patient " if they see a guy on a giant scooter with a motorcross helmet? I think I went from mid-life crisis to eccentric in one month. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Laminar windshield edging.

I oredered and tried the stealth edging from SAENG and would say it was worse with it on than without it. i have ordered a Givi and hope to get it in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Roger,

How tall are you? Height is very important with windscreen modification reports. A lady on the Yahoo group is 5'7" and the Saeng edging on the stock shield worked great for her. I am 6'6", and the Givi screen gives me more helmet buffeting than the stock screen. It moved the wind flow up - but to the point where it slaps the top of my helmet, which is often worse than having the helmet fully in the wind stream.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
8,084 Posts
Wind Screen

I just installed a GIVI windsrceen on my 650. as on the 400 I traded in. In both cases I was very pleased with the wind and noise reduction. @ 6' 2" my pet pieve is bugs, hate um. I wear a 3/4 helmet, with the stock screen I needed a face shield because the bug line was my nose on up. With the GIVI I just have the visor on, and no bugs. I found most of the noise I was getting was from the face shield whistleling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm about 5'11" , So i'm hoping the Give helps.

pauljo said:
Roger,

How tall are you? Height is very important with windscreen modification reports. A lady on the Yahoo group is 5'7" and the Saeng edging on the stock shield worked great for her. I am 6'6", and the Givi screen gives me more helmet buffeting than the stock screen. It moved the wind flow up - but to the point where it slaps the top of my helmet, which is often worse than having the helmet fully in the wind stream.

Paul

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Givi Windscreen

Roger,

At 5'11" I think you will find the Givi ideal. At 6'6", it is still not a ideal
solution for me. I added Stealth Edging to it today which does help
some, but I still get some buffeting at the top of my helmet.

For now, it will have to do.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Rumble Strip

Yeah, I ordered two Rumble Strips last night - one for each helmet.

We'll see.

I went through his website pretty thoroughly. What was impressive was the magazine test reports. What was less impressive was his kind of casual approach to shipping, the FAQ indicates that some of them come through defective, and also that placement forward/aft of center on a helmet can affect performance (cause once you stick it on you can't really remove it and restick it to try a different placement).

Anyway, for the price, it is not a hugh loss if it doesn't work. And if it does eliminate the helment buffeting, its worth every penny.

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts