Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may get a laminar lip just to cut down on wind noise while highway cruising. I've got two questions:

1) Is it easy to remove and put back on, repeatedly? I'd like to use it sometimes, but not all the time.

2) At 5'7'', will I be able to look over it? The stock screen is about 5'' below my line of sight when I'm cruising.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I purchased my Lip about two weeks after I bought my bike (July 04). It installs in about 5 minutes with 4 velcro/adhesive tabs. I'm 6'00' with a 32" inseam and I look comfortably over the top of the screen, and it has virtually eliminated the wind buffeting that I experienced with the stock screen alone.

It is removable according to the information that came with it, but I wonder how long the velcro will be able to maintain a firm hold with a lot of removals. I have not had occasion to remove it at all.

As far as the height over the stock windscreen, I would suggest you have someone hold it against the screen while you are sitting on the bike and attach it where you want the top of the lip to be. Mine is placed as high as possible and I can look over it comfortably.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
:sign3:

I second everything said above, I'm 6' 4" 32" inseam & set mine as high as it would go, can still see over or through as occassion demands. My only beef with it is I could have gotten a whole Clearview XXL for only a few buck more. +$50 more & I could have had the GW vent in the XXL, too.

I'm not dissatisfied w/my purchase though, as I didn't have the extra bucks then or now for the XXL, & the lip does work admirably!

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 3M locking dots are good for about 20 remove/replace cycles before they fail. I wanted to relocate my lip so I called the Laminar Lip folks and they sent me three sets of them for free.

Those guys are the bomb!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I agree with the above statements. The only that I annoyed me was cleaning under it, but I am a bit picky about things like that.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Go to Radio Shack and get there plastic hook & loop, it is stronger (I think).
Anyrate it does not come off by accident yet you can remove and replace the "lip" a number of times since the plastic does not wear out. :)
Also great for anything you want to a attach to your bike if you don't mind an almost 1/2 inch thickness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts