Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come you never see a female rider with a male passenger riding in back?? This is especially true with Harleys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cause they don't make women's T-Shirts that read: "If you can read this then the SOB fell off."

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've seen it. This dude, tatted up, wearing all black leather, chains, piercings & boots riding on the back of his girlfriends PINK Vespa. Freakin' hilarious.

But seriously, most women have a hard enough time riding themselves on big bikes. Dudes are harder to ride as passengers as their CG is higher than a woman's. I've had friends ride on the back of my bike and when they move about, their weight shift can move the bike about. You must be a strong rider to keep the bike balanced.

Women carry their weight mostly in their hips, much easier to ride a girl about. Just simple physics really. No dig on the ladies. It's just physically tougher to ride a dude, add less upper body strength in to the equation and you have your answer.

Plus most dudes just wouldn't do it, ego and all. Got to hand it to the guy on the back of that pink Vespa. No masculinity issues there. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
How come you never see a female rider with a male passenger riding in back?? This is especially true with Harleys.
I won't speek for others but when girlfriend and I drive in a car, I am driving! She handles the stress of my driving much better than I hers. Two wheels? No way!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Have you tried to ride on the back of any bike. Us guys are too tall & big the rear foot rest are way to high for me. I've ridden on the back of my son's Victory Vision and I just don't fit. Him being 6'2" sure doesn't fit on the back of my 650 either. :sad3:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Never tried, but even my 5'2" brother found things crowded, and he was behind his/my 5'0" mother!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've seen it. This dude, tatted up, wearing all black leather, chains, piercings & boots riding on the back of his girlfriends PINK Vespa. Freakin' hilarious.
His Harley broke down{probably again} and she had to save his sorry butt!:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
OK i have been on the back of my wife twice on long (2000ks ) trips so i could have a rest and let her enjoy the experience of riding on the trip .On these two rides the bikes were large cc ( gl1500 ,vn 1500 ).The first time was done with some trepidation but as the ride progressed i was fine plus she is a good rider,also she is my height and my build and probable just as strong.This was some years ago as she prefers to ride her own bike now

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Years ago, I rode pillion when my girlfriend wanted to try my R100/7. She was a good rider, but I about had a heart attack. Very, very difficult! Now, about 3 years ago, a female friend transported me about 125 miles on her trike to pick up a new car, and no issues, but got some funny looks.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I haven't seen that, but I did see two women riding together and both wearing thong bikinis and nothing else during Harley week in Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago. It looked very dangerous, but I was able to appreciate that they pulled it off quite well.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
His Harley broke down{probably again} and she had to save his sorry butt!:D
Nah, it was on one of my scooter group rides. Looked like a new boyfriend situation, you know... Do anything to get in good with the new girl. Looked more like the rocker / musician type, very skinny dude. Just couldn't help but laugh at the poor *******, riding there, leather jacket in all black clothes riding on the back of a pink scoot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here during Thunder Beach you will see it on occasions. It is a strange sight to see a female riding a Harley with the guy on the rear. Always wondered if the guys get a tramp stamp?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I can think of a reason, actually. Picture a woman on a cycle. Picture sitting behind her, holding on while she rides.

Now picture raising your hand position 4-10". :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I can think of a reason, actually. Picture a woman on a cycle. Picture sitting behind her, holding on while she rides.

Now picture raising your hand position 4-10". :D
Shame on you! Of coarse she would need to big enough but not too big{ "C" what I mean}.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts