Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just changed my clutch, belt & bearings in my K5 400 (2005), runs great around town but 50mph tops on open road, no screaming of revs, just no power, has anyone got ideas?

many thanks
dac (Scotland)

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check YouTube for
Burgman 400 CTV
videos by McBergsma
He has posted removal & replacement
videos for the '03 to '06 models.
See if you can determine if you did
anything different than what he shows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check

CHECK AIR BREATHER AND SPARK-PLUG & MAKE SURE YOUR AIR BREATHER SEAL IS IN THE GROOVE RIGHT. I had trouble with mine not running over 60 and it was a new spark plug and i checked that breather cause I had taken it out and cleaned it real good and the rubber I had not got it sealed good and it must have been sucking air , cause either the new spark plug or me useing my glasses and seen i had not sealed the air filter top back on right,or that rubber seal had came out a tad and anyways it ran right again. on a 400 2008 model. might try and look

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Open it up again and make 100% certain the rollers are still in their runways in the movable drive pulley as they should be--it sounds as though the drive pulley (variator) is being held closed keeping he CVT is a numerically low (very high "gear") overdrive condition.

If the movable face and ramp plate are not held tightly closed when installing them on the crankshaft one or more the rollers can drop out of position--it only takes one to jam the movable face outward...

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Open it up again and make 100% certain the rollers are still in their runways in the movable drive pulley as they should be--it sounds as though the drive pulley (variator) is being held closed keeping he CVT is a numerically low (very high "gear") overdrive condition.

If the movable face and ramp plate are not held tightly closed when installing them on the crankshaft one or more the rollers can drop out of position--it only takes one to jam the movable face outward...
+1
If it was running better before, it's most likely something that you've done. So retrace your work and double check.

Have you tried taking the covers off the CVT, putting it up on the center stand, and watching the variator as you go up through the rev range?
Just be very careful and make sure you have eye protection on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts