Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts
Hscohen, I posted LeDudes Switched Power link above. It does what you're talking about. Here it is again:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am stunned to learn the Burg's do NOT have a relay in the headlamp circuit! My Kymco has TWO!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am stunned to learn the Burg's do NOT have a relay in the headlamp circuit! My Kymco has TWO!
I am really confused! Since this is in the "General topics" section, I guess I don't know what Burgman we are talking about. The way I read the wiring diagram for a 2018 Burgman 650 (USA), there are two relays involved with the headlight circuitry. They are labeled "HEADLIGHT RELAY" and "LO-BEAM RELAY". The job of the headlight relay is to interrupt power to both hi/lo beams when the starter is being cranked. But note: the power it is interrupting comes directly from the main fuse (40 A) and is colored "R". The current does not flow through the ignition switch. The job of the lo-beam relay is to turn off the lo beams whenever the hi beams are on. Note the hi beams can be activated two ways: (i) lo beams on and flip the dimmer switch to hi; (ii) depress the passing light switch. Using the passing switch is interesting because when the passing light switch is pressed, the hi beams are being fed by current of two possible origins: (i) lo beams on and press passing light connects wire color 'O' to hi beams (i.e., ignition switch power); (ii) hi beams on and press passing light connects both wire colors 'R' and 'O' to hi beams, and so only some of the current passes through the ignition switch.

This seems to be the case for b650 models L3-L8, i.e., 2013-2018. I don't have schematics for earlier models, so maybe this is what is being discussed.

My $0.02 worth.

...damocles

·
Registered
348 Posts
yup, i have a L2 schematics showing the added light relays. The last missing the relays is the L1.

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts
I think we can not have a sub forum for each slight change for every year....
Maybe IF they can crack the Knowledge Base we can have a detailed list by year and models.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ordered the Easternbeaver kit for hard wiring in the Spring when I do the coolant flush on my AN400 K8.
I opted for the .....Dave_J Shocking Blue Light Special.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Package arrived today. Wife asked if there were really beavers in Japan. The wiring harness is nicely made. I opted for the hardwired version rather than the plug-in. Harness comes complete with fuse box ans 20 amp mini fuses. Now for warmer weather and Spring maintenance/mod time.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts