Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife will be going out to California the last week of Aug, to include the Labor Day weekend. So I am looking for some things to do and, of course, if they are Burgman related, all the better.

I live in Ohio but am open to riding just about anywhere.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, she's flyin'. If I had the vacation coming to me, I'd ride out there myself. That would be great!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well if I was in Ohio, I would NEVER head out here! When I landed in Toldedo to visit my Mom in Adrian Mi., before she died a year ago, i fell in LOVE with the differant class of prople in the Midwest. I understand why my Sister moved there and STAYED for 15 years after being raised here. Just amazed me how nice and "genuine" people your way are compared to this hole.....

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was stationed in the Bay area (Mare Island to be exact) for about two years and yes, California is a different sort of place to be sure. I only made one trip to Southern California, and that was enough...

Loved the Northern area though, where the Redwoods and such are. Loved driving through a tree!!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yeppers, Cali is a very big place. You might want to tell folks where you are headed. I really doubt you'll find enough time to hit the whole state unless yur there for a week and on the move the whole time. Of course, I'm not in Cali, just a native Californian who left of his own accord.
I like N. California much better but that's where I was born and raised.
If you have time you might want to check out Yosemite valley. It's worth the time! Of course, Muir Woods, Lake Tahoe and a bunch of other places also immediately come to mind for beauty and worth the time. If you get up to Tahoe be careful on the trip around the west side of the lake (Emerald Bay) but you will be hard-pressed finding a more amazing or beautiful ride. Have FUN no matter where you go! :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Misunderstanding: My WIFE is the one that's going to California. Pappy invited me out but no, I am staying close to home which is Midwestern OH. I was entertaining going "somewhere" on the Burgman, but I dunno where yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts