Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is suggested to easily remove those ugly Bi-lingual labels that are stuck all over the dash /interior panels of the Burgman?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Mine actually removed quite easily while I sat in traffic one day with no mess. But if yours are a little more stubborn try running over to Canadian Tire and grab a product called GooGone. Others have mentioned it works well.

·
Super Moderator
18,096 Posts
Lighter Fluid or WD 40 was needed to get the glue off my 400,
my 650 stickers came off easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys .I had tried to remove one and ended up scratching the panel .Mine seem to be attached with super glue ! I will try the fluids aforementioned and see how that works.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just took all of mine off and it took less than 5 minutes and they all peeled of with no fuss at all. Take a hair dryer on low setting and high air speed and gently heat up a sticker then gently peel it off while continuing to heat it. Repeat for each sticker. Worked great!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I used the hair dryer approach on both my AN650 Burgman and DL1000 V-Strom. I had at least 1 sticker on each bike that was very difficult to remove. Had to heat it repeatedly and scratch it off bit by bit with my fingernail. I then used WD-40 to clean off the residual glue from the stubborn sticker.

It may have something to do with the production date of the machine and how long the stickers have been sitting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of the first things I tried when I got my 650 was to try to remove the labels. I attacked the one that tells you how to wash your windshield first. It did not come off easily and I did use GooGone after I got the label off and it seemed to discolor the dashboard slightly. I then went over it with Armor All and one would never know there was a label there. The other two stickers are still there.

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally removed mine, see the pics from the BABC run. They came off nice and easy no residue and no scratches. I let them on for about 9 months and peeled them off with my finger nail.

Ed
aka
tat-2

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I even took the chrome "SUZUKI" sticker off of the rear of my 650 using the hairdryer and Googone. A little polish and wax and you'd never know it was ever there.
I've learned over the years with removing stickers, pinstripes, etc., just be very careful getting the edge or corner started. Try not to use any sharp object that will scratch or dig the paint. Usually, heat and a fingernail is enought to get the edge up enough to grasp it in your fingertips and start pulling carefully. If it resists or starts to tear, just keep applying heat as you pull. Be patient! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts