Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stared to take off the three ugly warning labels which come stuck on the glove box exterior. I have always done this with my motorcycles, before the sun makes an outline where the sticker was originally mounted. However, when I removed the first one on my new Burgman 400, I found that the surface below the label was just flat plastic, not the nice finish on the surrounding surface.

I stoped and have not removed the other two labels until I come up with a way to elegantly cover the smooth spot, which now stands out like a sore thumb and looks almost as bad as the original label. Three labels!!! - Next they will put one on to tell you to always wear fashionable clothes and brush your teeth twice a day. Anyway has anyone else removed the labels and found a way to cover the clear spots?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds like a great opportunity for Ron Popiel. He could probably come up with something in a spray can like he did for balding folks.

Rub

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Same problem . if you come up with a good answer let me know.. I just painted the squares flat black so they standout .. At least it does not look like I removed labels. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
You could go to your local farm implement dealer to purchase a more catchy warning label to cover the space. How about:
Do not stick arms, feet nor foreign objects in here while motor is running
Stay at least 20 feet away while someone is operating this machine.
If you can read this, you're too durn close.
Animals can and will bite. Do not stick fingers into this opening.
Stop engine before dismounting.
OK how about: Free sunscreen application--ask driver.
Second opinions $20 -- Truthfullness $40

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Took mine off anyway. Shiny looks better than labels. If you work carefully, you can "scuff" the shiny a little with fine steel wool. Get too carried away and you'll have to do the whole door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
warning stickers

I wish I had the problem of shiny black spots. I've tried everything I could think of and have only been able to remove a small corner of the blasted warning sticker. How and what are you using to remove them.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
If you're having problems removing the stickers, try using some heat (ie - a hairdryer) on the stickers to soften the adhesive.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You should purchase a Burgman in Canada because those labels have to be in two official languages...French and English therefore instead of 3 ..... we have 6 to remove. Don't fuss over the flat surface, its alot less of an eye sore than white pukey labels.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
The flat spaces makes me suspicious that Suzuki wants you to purchase either the burlwood or carbon trim kit to cover them up. Wait ... they don't offer the trim kits for the 400 here do they. :?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I must still be in the infatuation phase. I sat on a 400 for about 1/2 hour today and didn't even notice a sticker! But then I didn't notice my ex's wart when we first started dating either :D

Rubble

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bill, you might try some of that self stick wall paper in your favorite wood grain. Be sure to send us some pic's. :p

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Try WD-40 to remove them. Just spray them until they are soaked. Wait about 5 minutes and peel. The dealer told us about this trick. We did it on my husbands wind screen and his tank on the Yamaha. It worked great.

Janine

·
Registered
66 Posts
The warning lables on mine are in Japanese. For all I know they might say wear fashionable clothes and brush your teeth twice a day. :D

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
ted clement said:
Bill, you might try some of that self stick wall paper in your favorite wood grain. Be sure to send us some pic's. :p
Did I go a little overboard with the contact paper?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
You should purchase a Burgman in Canada because those labels have to be in two official languages...French and English therefore instead of 3 ..... we have 6 to remove. Don't fuss over the flat surface, its alot less of an eye sore than white pukey labels.
Maybe thats why the Burgman is so wide! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
billmeek said:
ted clement said:
Did I go a little overboard with the contact paper?

Bill, now you really need to clean the bike with Pledge! (and have Terminix treat it every 4,000 miles). Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also have a Canadian 400, and have more stickers than a NASCAR stock car. The part I don't understand is why they are where they are. I didn't actually see them until I was taking a picture of the bike from the rear. When I stand next to the bike or am riding it, the stickers aren't visible on the glovebox door.

For all I knew, they could have said "WARNING: Riding this causes sexual side effects and uncontrollable flatulence." and I would have ridden away oblivious. :help:

Simon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts