Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
To comply with the effort that I support, to ban from all public roadways
any vehicle that is black or silver (gray).......

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
To comply with the effort that I support, to ban from all public roadways
any vehicle that is black or silver (gray).......
Even though my Burgman is black, I agree with you. There were no white Burgmans available (used, I never buy new) anywhere close to me when I was in the market for mine. I do think the black Burgman is beautiful but also feel that I am not as visible to traffic with my black motorcycle. Motorcycles are hard for people to pick out of the traffic and background and riding a black one just makes things worse. Given the chance, I have (and will) buy a white motorcycle every time.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
oh man, specs and gadgets are pretty much like the BMW C650, it even looks like the BMW. I've heard BMW is building their engines in Taiwan, i guess this would the result of doing that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I've heard BMW is building their engines in Taiwan,<<

Isn't Kymco actually building their engines for them?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes KYMCO builds the engines for the BMW scoots.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Another piece Chinese crap.

When we purchase these Chinese crap, we export more North American job there.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts

Not China. Taiwan. Though China may deny it, there IS a difference. Regardless, I had the chance to demo the BMW S-600 (Same engine, don't have a clue why BMW labels one a 600 and the other a 650...) I wouldn't trade my Burgie 400 for one. Seat's too high for me, and the ride was rough - a surprise coming off the 400 thumper to a twin. It rattled, too. Not worth the $$$, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts

It is not as simple as that.

Not all Chinese manufactured stuff is crap at all.

Look at the Apple products that command stupidly high prices that are manufactured in China to an undoubtably high quality standard and have helped Apple build up an enormous cash mountain. Yet Apple is now beginning to repatriate some manufacture back to North America? Why?

Well I do not know for sure, but Chinese labour costs and workforce aspirations are rising and that is an inevitable result of an emerging economy.

Why do we in the West lose jobs to emerging economies? - Basically because we have a higher standard of living and demand services from government and that creates a big overhead to be serviced.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Burgman doesn't exactly come from Kansas or Manitoba.

There is a huge opportunity for someone to make a reliable and easy to service large cc scooter. Havent seen it yet but maybe it turns out to be Kymco.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
The Kymco 700 is supposed to be coming to the US by next year, I've heard... I demo'd the Exciting 500, and it was a decent ride... I'd buy it rather than a Kymco with a BMW badge...

·
Administrator
18,382 Posts
<<<SNIP>>>Regardless, I had the chance to demo the BMW S-600 (Same engine, don't have a clue why BMW labels one a 600 and the other a 650...) <<<SNIP>>>
Look at the older BMW F650GS, new F700GS and the BIGGER F800GS. All of them are 798 cc's but the F650GS was tuned down to 650 cc's power level, same for the F700GS, 750 cc power. ??????

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got back from a 1000 miles in 24 Hr ride this weekend and was completely amazed at how easy the burg was able to make the trip. In manual mode and in 6th gear I was running 95 mph at 5500 rpm, smooth and easy. I didn't run that fast all time af course only when conditions permitted. Most of the time I would run between 80 and 90 just to stay with traffic. I still think the Myroad and the BMW have a way to go to match the ease of a burg on a long haul. My silverwing is running about 7000 rpm at 95 and real buzzy feelin. I am sure the kymco and the bmw are the same as they are CVT trannys as well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts