Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some extra cash from reffing volleyball, so I replaced my Grip Puppies with Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Black, with the matching Throttle Boss. Turned out great. I now have some bar end weights if anyone needs them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Nice. Those are going to be like me 2nd or 3rd purchase for my 650. Just love the feel and grip size of them. (currently using Grip puppies)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had Grip Puppies before I installed these, but they were starting to deteriorate and leave black reside on my hands/gloves. If you get these, just be aware: when they say that the glue sets up instantly in the absence of air, they MEAN it. You really need to know how you want them positioned and be sure to twist them into that position pretty quickly when installing. Mine worked great, and I love the feel. The Throttle Boss is worth the extra investment.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I will agree with Renegade1978, and will add that making sure the Throttle Boss is what needs to be in the proper position. You can loose the benefit of the Throttle Boss if it is to high or low. And in my opinion the Throttle Boss(installed properly) is worth its weight in gold.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
can you adjust the throttle boss after installed? or is that part of the grips that has to be installed at same time and can't move?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
There is some adjustment but you need to get it real close to wear you want it as there is not a lot of adjustment. A friend of mine didn't get his close enuf and he couldn't adjust it to his liking.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 4 small bolts for mounting it to your grips. The Throttle Boss has slots that allow for some "wiggle room" and you can always unbolt it and move it to another position. Mine works great. Only had to re-adjust it one time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Love my Iso Grips. Have a throttle boss on both bars to even out the comfort. One of the best investments I've made to the 650 (outside of more LED's).

late,
Coz

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the throttle boss on both ends as well. Added comfort and more symmetrical in my eyes. Loosening the 4 screws allows quite a bit of adjustment. If it isn't enough, Just take it off and move the screw holes around one way or the other. I love my Iso grips!

·
Read Only
1,204 Posts
Love my Iso Grips. Have a throttle boss on both bars to even out the comfort. One of the best investments I've made to the 650 (outside of more LED's).

late,
Coz
The grips are one of the favorite things the former added to my scooter (the GPS still wins).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts