Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Kuryakn ISO grips part # 6180 on the scooter. I did not like the feel of the small diameter factory grips. Installation was a breeze as the instructions were great. I needed to shave some plastic off the throttle side but they slid on fine. They look really cool. List is $59.95 but I saved six bucks at Daytona Bike Week. Don Fuzzy

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a raised ring at the end that needs to be removed completely. There are two raised rings at the front end. I removed the inner ring and left the front outer ring. I should have removed all three rings. This would have allowed room for a Vista Cruise. I used a utility knife but a Dremel tool would be faster. The right existing grip does not utilize glue so it will not need to be cleaned. I did use glue to secure the new grips. The whole job shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Again, read and follow the enclosed installation directions carefully.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Has anyone noticed more vibration using the 6180s?
Also, are they larger in diameter? Hard to find out from either the Kuryakan site or the Canadian distributors.
I gather from the postings these are pretty straight forward replacements.

·
Registered
136 Posts
grips

If anyone is interested, check out this site on EBay. I just purchased a set of Kuryakyn grips (6180) for "buy now" price of $39.95 plus $8.00 postage. I think he has six more sets and 2 days left on the item.

eBay item 4537175042 (Ends Mar-30-05 053824 PST) - GOLDWING PARTS KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS W-CHROME ACCENT #6180

1 - 8 of 8 Posts