Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing the RH brake switch I discovered a knurled (adjustment?) knob on the lower inward side of the throttle twistgrip. There is no reference to it in my Owner's Manual. Is it perhaps an idle adjustment? I've not been prepared to make an adjustment in case I stuff something up; the bike is running very well at the moment with 23736MILES on the odometer. Can anyone please tell me what the knurled knob is for?

·
Registered
735 Posts
You should see two sets of them (knurled adjuster with knurled locknut). They're to adjust the play in the throttle cables.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought is was just a way to adjust the brake levers to fit you more comfortably. Now I must go to the dealer for answers. Hope I do not see anything I want to buy

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I thought is was just a way to adjust the brake levers to fit you more comfortably. Now I must go to the dealer for answers. Hope I do not see anything I want to buy
The 2 small black ones are for the throttle. The larger chrome one on top of the brake levers with numbers on it are to adjust the lever. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts