Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I pulled the trigger on the kisan tailblazer, i decided to go with the leds though more expensive I was expecting them to be brighter and save some watts.

you can see a side by side comparison between two Burgman 400:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have had the Tail Blazers on mine for 9 years now...my son rides behind me and thinks I light up like a Christmas tree when I brake:D

We are trying to figure out how to put a pair on his Ninja;)

Bill

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had the tailblazers since about 2009. It seems that the halogen bulbs are brighter than the LED tailblazers. I know the halogens in the tailblazers are quite a bit brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs. Was at the Kisan website, and they don't show an LED option. Maybe only certain countries? How much more than halogens, if I may ask?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, the Led option was 36USD or so MORE expensive.... I should have gone with the halogen :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice thing about the halogens is they give you two extra bulbs with the kit. Never had one burn out, but did have a base fail, due to the heat. Kisan says they use a different adhesive that withstands the heat in the enclosed space better. Time will tell. But they are good enough that I ordered another pair anyways.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LED's come to full brightness something like 20 milliseconds faster. Which doesn't sound like much but I read somewhere that means 2' shorter typical car stopping distance from 60 MPH. That 2' difference in reaction time might matter some day, lol.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've heard that two inches makes a big difference in more than just light bulbs. ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Oops, I have never understood why a little inch gets two marks(") and a big foot only gets one mark('). :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I've had my Tailblazers now for several years and they are great. Best $$$ I spent for brake lights for sure.

·
Read Only
1,204 Posts
I'm very glad that the bike I bought to replace the one totaled when I was hit in the read had installed Trailblazers. Wife was very happy also. I was so impressed that I bought them and installed them on my V-Star. Being hit in the rear and picking yourself from the pavement gives you a new perspective of what you need to do to be noticed. I had to get a hi-viz jacket and white helmet to shut up the wife also.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine came in the mail today (ebay) and I installed them as soon as I could (20W-D). All I can say is wow! Fantastic. One of the best investments I ever put into the bike. Let's now see how safe they keep me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts