Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Kisan Tailblazer 20W-D 2pak lights for my 2011 Burgman 400.

I would appreciate any hints / photos on disassembly of the lens system to facilitate installation of these new lights.

Don

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
these are in my wishlist, hope somebody shed some light on this, but when I asked about it time ago, I was told it was a matter of removing the tail housing and replace the lights with the kisan ones.

see here:

and when you install them, show us some pictures.!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is very easy. Just make sure you wipe the bulb with an alcohol wipe before installing. It does help to look underneath when lining up the tabs on the plug. Now get the headlight modulator if you don't already have one. The Kisan works on both low beam or high beam. I keep mine on low.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have them on the 650 after my 400 was totaled when it was hit in the rear while stopped. They work great. The replacement bulbs are not expensive and are available almost anywhere. They plug into the base. I like them so well that I put one in the V-Star 650 I bought. Since I was hit in the rear, I have a fear of it happening again. At my wife's and children's insistence, I also bought a Hi-Vis jacket and white helmet. They insisted that I was in part at fault that a 83 year old man hit me because I had a black scooter, black jacket and a black helmet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
They insisted that I was in part at fault that a 83 year old man hit me because I had a black scooter, black jacket and a black helmet.
No, you weren't at fault. I mean where do you stop with that reasoning.
Why didn't you have that jacket on in the "Electric Horseman" movie? And then, I'm sure he (Elec. Horseman) didn't have Led's on that jacket so, you're still at fault? ?
Truth be known, many 83 y.o.'s don't need to be driving.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
No, you weren't at fault. I mean where do you stop with that reasoning.
Why didn't you have that jacket on in the "Electric Horseman" movie? And then, I'm sure he (Elec. Horseman) didn't have Led's on that jacket so, you're still at fault? ?
Truth be known, many 83 y.o.'s don't need to be driving.
I know I wasn't at fault but a 65 year old wife and a 41 year old daughter gave an old man a hard time. The nice old man who hit me went into the hospital a month or so later and is not in a nursing home. It was clear he should not have been driving.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I also wear a lot of black but with a flo green vented MIL spec vest over top. The old gent probably should have hung it up a lot earlier but you know that it is hard to loose independence. This is spoken from a 69 year old.... that hopes to ride for many more years!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is very easy. Just make sure you wipe the bulb with an alcohol wipe before installing. It does help to look underneath when lining up the tabs on the plug. Now get the headlight modulator if you don't already have one. The Kisan works on both low beam or high beam. I keep mine on low.
The Kisan ONLY works on HIGH beam, not high and low. I've been installing ever since the federal law allowed us and Kisan will be the first to tell you it's HIGH beam only.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I plan on putting in a modulator for my brakes, thanks for showing me this brand. They are a bit pricey but they look well made. I prefer switching the bulbs to wiring in a unit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You are right, oneranger. I had the Kisan on my other bikes. On my 400 I have the signal dynamics, which works on both low OR high beam. My mistake. I actually like this one better. Being on low beam, not irritating to drivers in front of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts