Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have no financial connection to the sale of this bike or to the dealer. Yesterday I was this >.< close to signing the papers to buy a brand new, zero miles, full new warranty, White 2012 Burgman 650 Exec at $7499, NO Suzuki financing. The bike is at LandAir in Essex Junction, Vermont. http://www.landairvt.com/ I can post a pic later today. The bike is not listed on the web page.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
One of my friends got a 2012 model in Indianapolis for $6200. Not sure of the OTD price. Wish I had waited a few months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First off, I have no financial connection to the sale of this bike or to the dealer. Yesterday I was this >.< close to signing the papers to buy a brand new, zero miles, full new warranty, White 2012 Burgman 650 Exec at $7499, NO Suzuki financing. The bike is at LandAir in Essex Junction, Vermont. http://www.landairvt.com/ I can post a pic later today. The bike is not listed on the web page.
I tried to change the title of the first post to Killer Deal in Vermont" so as not to waste peoples time that don't live anywhere near the dealer but I couldn't see how to do that.

I was in the dealership to try sitting on a Honda NC700X and asked to sit on the Burgman before I left. I was pretty certain about the NC700X DCT as my next bike but now I'm not so sure. The highest number of miles I put on one bike was the two years I owned a Silver Wing scooter. 21,000 miles total before I traded it in on a BMW G65GS. Dumb move, I only rode the Beemer 12,000 miles in the three years I owned it. The Silver Wing was the bike I rode a Saddle Sore 1000 on in 2008. I don't think I could have completed that ride on any other kind of bike.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That is a heck of a deal. I'd jump on a 2013/2014 Byrgman 650 model at anywhere near that price. I want the new style transmission/clutch, which makes it easier to push around. This may be my last bike.

I did see that a dealer in Wisconsin has a new 2013 Burgman 650 for about $9500, which is the best price I've seen yet!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I tried to change the title of the first post to Killer Deal in Vermont" so as not to waste peoples time that don't live anywhere near the dealer but I couldn't see how to do that.

I was in the dealership to try sitting on a Honda NC700X and asked to sit on the Burgman before I left. I was pretty certain about the NC700X DCT as my next bike but now I'm not so sure. The highest number of miles I put on one bike was the two years I owned a Silver Wing scooter. 21,000 miles total before I traded it in on a BMW G65GS. Dumb move, I only rode the Beemer 12,000 miles in the three years I owned it. The Silver Wing was the bike I rode a Saddle Sore 1000 on in 2008. I don't think I could have completed that ride on any other kind of bike.
I'd jump on that if you're looking for a new bike. I don't think the NC700 has anything on the burg except gas mileage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I don't think the NC700 has anything on the burg except gas mileage.<<

And don't forget those finicky pannier lids/latches! :-(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Me either - grab the Burgman....Honda don't do automatics and the demo ride I took on the NC700x was less than impressive ( try worst ever )

The only contender Honda has is the CB500x which is very sweet.
There is a thread down further with some Burgman 650 alternatives.

I can safely say tho after two 650s and 45 years of riding the Burgman 650 is the best all around bike I"ve owned. Many will say the same here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>The only contender Honda has is the CB500x which is very sweet.<<

Although, I could get very excited about the new CB1100! Retro all the way!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If I were interested in getting a bike there, I would pull up the other advertised prices from CycleTrader.com and ask them to match or lose the sale. After reading your posting I did a search on Cycle Trader and found some very nice prices for new 2011 and 2012 leftovers. Unfortunately I just painted mine and added a bunch of custom stuff, so a new one won't be in my future for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts