Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago on a single ride I just missed hitting a fawn, a groundhog, and a cat. Yesterday my luck ran out: killed a squirrel. They may be rodents but that double thunk is a sensation I can do without.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Glad you didn't dump your bike.
Maybe you should buy a small game hunting license. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Poor critter...

Obviously he wasn't wearing the proper squirrel safety equipment and I doubt he ever took the SSF (Squirrel Safety Foundation) course.....

Paul

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Nor has he mounted the requisite ultrasonic squirrel deterrant horns on his ride.

Shame on you, you cold blooded squirrel killer, you. (I wish you come ride around my house a few thousand times, the squirrels are going ape-sh_t in my chestnut tree!)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I forgot to add before, if you're going after critters, please knock out a few thousand geese. These things are an absolute menace around here.
Someone suggested a geese harvest, donating the meat to the area homeless shelters and the like.
Of course the PETA nuts and tree huggers had a hissy fit.
I'm a member of a different PETA by the way: People Eating Tasy Animals.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Oh yeah! I'm down with that! I'll trade you a few thousand squirrels for a couple hundred geese! They're both tasty critters...

G

·
0 Posts
The ultimate solution!

In this age of DNA manipulation, science needs to develop a strain of goose eating squirrels....except then we'd have too many squirels....perhaps then a strain of squirrel eating snskes....but ****, then we'd have too many snakes...but THEN science could develop...oh, never mind <G>

Paul

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I don't stop or even veer for small animals. If they are so dumb as to stand in my path then they need to be eliminated from the gene pool.

It's also true that the little critters are just as likely to move into your path if you try to veer around them. Heading straight at them there's a good chance they'll get out of the way when they realize they didn't fool you into veering away.

That said, I've never hit an animal with anything I've driven. My first wife was driving MY first car and ran over a dog that darted across the highway. According to her it was my fault for letting her drive (she asked to). She's no longer my wife. She's between husbands at the moment, having been divorced from 4. I was her first.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
A classic analysis of the Geico squirrel commercials of last year, if you didn't see them, let me say they were the first Geico commercials I ever paid any attention to. Seriously funny stuff.

I still won't do business with them, but still, funny stuff.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Re: The ultimate solution!

pbary said:
In this age of DNA manipulation, science needs to develop a strain of goose eating squirrels....except then we'd have too many squirels....perhaps then a strain of squirrel eating snskes....but ****, then we'd have too many snakes...but THEN science could develop...oh, never mind <G>

Paul
<Badgerbadgerbadger>
A snake! A snake! Oh, it's a snake!
</Badgerbadgerbadger>

(If you have no idea what that was about, count yourself very fortunate.)

Rusty J
Blue AN650K5 that's only killed flying insects (but quite a few of 'em!)

edit: How'd that extra "close italics" tag get in there?

·
Registered
350 Posts
That said, I've never hit an animal with anything I've driven.
Consider yourself lucky 4Dthinker. It seems I must have a sign on the front of all my vehicles that says "Go ahead, try me".
I've hit one deer head on, had one run right into the side of my old conversion van, lost 2 windshields to comacazee pheasants and in the late 70's at almost midnight, I came around a curve on a country road and ran right into a huge pig standing cross way in the middle of the road. Talk about your brick walls. Fortunately the farmer's insurance was paid up. My Ford Maverick never stood a chance.

Fortunately I've had better luck with my bikes. I hope to keep it that way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Buzz said:
That said, I've never hit an animal with anything I've driven.
Consider yourself lucky 4Dthinker. It seems I must have a sign on the front of all my vehicles that says "Go ahead, try me".
I've hit one deer head on, had one run right into the side of my old conversion van, lost 2 windshields to comacazee pheasants and in the late 70's at almost midnight, I came around a curve on a country road and ran right into a huge pig standing cross way in the middle of the road. Talk about your brick walls. Fortunately the farmer's insurance was paid up. My Ford Maverick never stood a chance.

Fortunately I've had better luck with my bikes. I hope to keep it that way.
WOW!!! About the only thing you haven't hit is an airplane. Better duck when you go by any airports.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I live near a large local lake, and there are several float planes owned by some of the local zillionaires. So I've seen a collision between boats and airplanes. So far no crashes between Burgmans and airplanes, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts