Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought I was getting kidney problems from my Utopia backrest because it was adjusted with the bottom hitting my kidneys but after adjusting the backrest I still have problems. I think the Utopia backrest is one of the best on the market but a little pricey.

Any other riders having kidney pains from riding? Any suggestions? I purchased a kidney belt but it doesn't seem to help much. Maybe I'm just getting too old to ride. I hope not. I do love the Burgman 650.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Marv said:
At first I thought I was getting kidney problems from my Utopia backrest because it was adjusted with the bottom hitting my kidneys but after adjusting the backrest I still have problems. I think the Utopia backrest is one of the best on the market but a little pricey.

Any other riders having kidney pains from riding? Any suggestions? I purchased a kidney belt but it doesn't seem to help much. Maybe I'm just getting too old to ride. I hope not. I do love the Burgman 650.
it all depends on physical fitness and condition, most people develop kidney pains from riding very hard on dual purpose bikes with all the jumps and jolts that they get subjected to.

are you sure it is kidney pains and not lower back pains, it's very easy to confuse the two.

do you experience the same symptoms if you sit upright in a sedentary manner for an extended period of time.

good luck....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm almost 69 and I get back pains - not kidney. Also my butt gets very tired on long trips. The only thing I found that helps is stopping every 50 miles or so and walking around.

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
haven't had a lower back pain since I got divorced back in 86, ... or a migrane.. or a bounced check :D or a decent meal :shock: or a pair of skivvies I didn't wonder were clean or not :oops: can't figure why that woman left me :?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have found something that helps my many pains. It is sometimes available at Vitamin Shoppe, but always online. It's called Natures Herbs Boswellin Cream. It really works great for me, stopping or reducing joint pain at night. We order it 6 tubes at a time. I only put it on if I get a pain at night or if I've been having a single joint pain over a few days. My wife was working in another state and she had such severe pain she didn't think she could ride on a plane to come home and was considering going to the hospital. I asked her if she had packed to creme. She put it on a couple times that evening and was able to come home the next day. Pain was completely gone after 3 days.

The only negative I have found in it's use, you must wash your hands thoroughly! I got tear gassed in the Army in basic training. When I rubbed my eyes with my fingers the first time I used it, it brought back that experience to my mind. The brand we get is Natures Herbs. I see Amazon now has some different brands. I can't say if the others are good or not, but I'll stick with what works for my wife and I.

We also use a Boswellin tablet daily. It has reduced almost all my joint pain to nothing.

Both these are available through Amazon.

We also have a Sleep Number bed. Best mattress we've had ever. I keep it at about 80 and almost never any joint pain. We've had it almost 10 years and I believe we have never spend money on a better buy.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The problem could be caused by something else. I had problems with back pain when I first put my Corbin long seat on. After some experimenting I finally determined it was because I was having to reach to far up to the handlebars. I put risers on the bars so I could rotate them back closer to me and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The problem could be caused by something else. I had problems with back pain when I first put my Corbin long seat on. After some experimenting I finally determined it was because I was having to reach to far up to the handlebars. I put risers on the bars so I could rotate them back closer to me and that solved the problem.
I would put more emphasis on what Buffalo said. I would evaluate your riding first. I would look at the seat comfort, type of backrest, seat position, reaching for handlebars, feet position and anything you can think of. I used to ride with just the stock buttpad and I experienced the same type of back pain. I even hurt when I see those riding and they are leaning forward to hold on, like the choppers and such. My back always bothers me so I am very particular about my seat position.

I would start with the backrest. If there is someone local that could let you try theirs would be ideal. I would suggest timing the ride to see how long you can go before the issue starts so when you try something new you can have a baseline to compare it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts