Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people have already purchased the 2005 Burgman 400. I was wondering if they had the new IC key in the US models? The new key looks like :

If it has the new security system, it should have "S.A.I.S" under the ignition which stands for Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like the same mag for fliping the latch, have they chipped the key for the immobiliser?
Immobilisers are okay but the clowns trying to knick your scooter don't seem to realise that they will never get the engine started and end up trashing the bodywork to get to wiring in a vain hope of hot wiring it. You still can't beat a good quality chain/ lock and a lamp post etc.
I never use my steering lock as they are easy to break and cost a fortune to repair....Just chain your scooter to something that can't be moved and any potential theif can see that it isn't going anywhere....

·
Registered
553 Posts
billmeek said:
A few people have already purchased the 2005 Burgman 400. I was wondering if they had the new IC key in the US models? The new key looks like :

If it has the new security system, it should have "S.A.I.S" under the ignition which stands for Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System.
My ignition keyhole shutter part of my keys are not at an angle like your picture. They just point straight back in line with the ignition key.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the US models aren't using the new IC key yet. Suzuki didn't list it for the 2005 400's. Didn't think it had made it here yet ... but just wanted to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts