Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always carried plastic grocery bags to put over my feet in the rain. They pack away into a tiny ball and with duck tape they are a great waterproofing system...what do you do??

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see the point in having special boots for rain. I mean who wants to keep carrying all the extra gear. Do you work all day in them? Go to dinner in them? Work in the office/yard with them on?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I don't see the point in having special boots for rain. I mean who wants to keep carrying all the extra gear. Do you work all day in them? Go to dinner in them? Work in the office/yard with them on?
What special boot ?

Wear these all day all year when ride, they are riding boot with plus that waterproof also, not for rain only. These so confortable, wear all day during ride, lunch, dinner, museum or any site visit. Switch to Crocks or sneaker when get home or hotel at night.

Normally on several day tour only bring either Crocks or sneaker for evening shoe depending on season and weather.

ATGATT

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree, prefer to wear Goretex (or equivalent) lined boots all the time. I'm still using some older Oxtar (now known as TCS) Matrix touring boots. Slightly hot in summer but my feet are not what roasts the worst.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Agree with Cherie and Penforhire. A good riding boot is all you need. Mine are very comfy and can wear all day. They don't have to cost much either. They give good protection to feet, ankles, tibs and fibs plus keep you totally dry. Do you not wear foot/ankle protection?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I generally don't care about wet feet when I have decent socks on .
That said I have a pair of light hunting boots that are waterproof and easy to walk in.

I got them on that $50 off deal.

I bought them specifically non-insulated for Australia where I ride in the tropics.
Very comfy.

Combined with these superlight Thor knew protectors I don't feel weighed down at all - barely know they are under the riding pants and continuous as the bottom of the Thor come to the top of the boots.
I prefer armor that is separate so I know it actually is on the joint - not floating about.

•••

have always carried plastic grocery bags to put over my feet in the rain.
This sounds very dangerous. Slippery and unpredictable footing.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I use Treds (www.treds.com_). Pack reasonably small. Durable. They do look a little silly but, then again, I do ride a scooter.

Treds - waterproof boots for confident men.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like my regular hiking/work boot for work and play, I don't actually wear motorcycle boots to work, and in summertime I wear vented good quality sport/tennis shoe style... If it rains hard, ill pull over and put walmart plastic grocery bags over my footwear and duct tape them up. As soon as it dries up I pull them off. I do find leather boots too hot in the summertime around here, but I agree they are more robust etc... I don't worry about weather it looks cool or not.

I learned this trick from another forum 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I generally don't care about wet feet when I have decent socks on .
That said I have a pair of light hunting boots that are waterproof and easy to walk in.

I got them on that $50 off deal.

I bought them specifically non-insulated for Australia where I ride in the tropics.
Very comfy.

Combined with these superlight Thor knew protectors I don't feel weighed down at all - barely know they are under the riding pants and continuous as the bottom of the Thor come to the top of the boots.
I prefer armor that is separate so I know it actually is on the joint - not floating about.

•••

This sounds very dangerous. Slippery and unpredictable footing.
Excellent looking stuff you are using Mac! Looks very comfy and I like the bit about the armour not floating around and you know it's on the joint.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Snap-on gaiters; Quick on Quick off Light weight Easy to store I carry them all the time and never got wet feet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bought some cheap (read Chinese) rubber slip-ons that zip up the side. They fit over whatever I have on (don't have true riding boots yet), and roll up fairly small.
They do keep shoes and feet dry.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chappy, there has been some good advise given here. Boots are the way to go especially if they are weather proof. Wearing "Gators" is also good... Wearing the bag your pot roast came in is not what anyone should indorse. It is safer to get wet feet and keep your footing than to risk a tip over because your plastic bag slid out from under you on a slick spot on the road.... In the rain.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
image.jpg Do you all ride in the hot summer with these motorcycle boots on? Do wear them for daily work also? I love my vented tennis in summer.

Do a quick pull over, grab bags and roll of tape, cruise through rain, rain gone, pull over tear off.
Easy to pack, no dead space lost and been through mega down pours and floods, you can also put foot down in puddle. 100 per cent water proof, done it for years. These work with tennis shoes, ballet shoes,office shoes etc. I don't recommend it or endorse it, it's just a thing I thought I'd share. I don't fancy wearing motorcycle boots all day or all summer long.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Though it rains intensely here in Florida, it rarely rains for more than a half hour at a time and the Burg has weather protection good enough to keep my feet from getting soaked in that time. So I just wear the same gear all of the time. Only rarely are my feet actually wet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chappy: OMG I am speechless or nearly so... I sure wish I could talk you into a GOOD pair of comfortable, anti-slip (weather proof) riding boots. They are much safer, will keep your feet dry and will last you for years if taken care of properly. You have safer and better options & can do better than plastic bags duct taped over a pair of vented tennis shoes to keep your feet dry.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
View attachment 23041 Do you all ride in the hot summer with these motorcycle boots on? Do wear them for daily work also? I love my vented tennis in summer.

Do a quick pull over, grab bags and roll of tape, cruise through rain, rain gone, pull over tear off.
Easy to pack, no dead space lost and been through mega down pours and floods, you can also put foot down in puddle. 100 per cent water proof, done it for years. These work with tennis shoes, ballet shoes,office shoes etc. I don't recommend it or endorse it, it's just a thing I thought I'd share. I don't fancy wearing motorcycle boots all day or all summer long.
Only ride on weekend, holiday, vacation, yes ride all day with boots. Do not ride to work, but could wear them for work as plenty room on Burgie for other shoe, sneaker etc.

Riding booth often well ventilated, waterproof and give full protection, sneaker when have accident offer no protection at all. Real riding boot will last 4-6 year, will offer protection, safety and confort not necessarily cost more than hiking boot or all other boot not truly design for riding, boot in link give good ventilation as well and cost $117.00.

ATGATT

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-solution-wp-air-boot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts