Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And that is why you shouldn't ride faster than you can see on public roads. Conditions change. You can go through a corner like a raped ape once - then go through again 20 minutes later and there's pea gravel strewn all over the apex. :shock:

Public roads are quite unlike a track - there's too many variables.

If you ride faster than your limit point of observation, you're asking for trouble.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Quite a series of pictures.. I wonder how badly he was hurt? Clearly his mind was not on the turn, but the photographer.. It looks like he got fixated on the car and quit trying to turn just before impact... freaky indeed !

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Ouch! That was a nasty wreck! I hope the guy was OK, his bike was toast! The guy in the Corvette needed clean underwear! Look where you want to go, at all times! Tough lesson, I learned that in a similar fashion but fortunately a lot less damage to me and the scoot!

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I wonder how many wrecks are caused by riders paying attention to the photographers on the side of the road...

...and while the blame ultimately resides on the rider, the photographer must know this is a high possibility and so treat the human lives and suffering as "collateral damage" to their income.

Chris

·
Registered
231 Posts
Daboo said:
I wonder how many wrecks are caused by riders paying attention to the photographers on the side of the road...

...and while the blame ultimately resides on the rider, the photographer must know this is a high possibility and so treat the human lives and suffering as "collateral damage" to their income.
Chris
I had similar thoughts. While I wouldn't go so far as to say the photographers 'treat the human lives and suffering as "collateral damage"', but I do think they have played a part in this incident, and probably others. On my bicycle rides the photographers tend to pick a straight, uphill (slow) section with a scenic background.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I went down there on the 13th to take my wife out and show her around(in the car). About a mile into the ride there was a rider in the middle of the road, waiting on the ambulance. He was on a cruiser, but I don't think it was a camera corner. We did it in our Fiat 500c.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Daboo said:

Chris
Race track owners, teams, promoters and fans are guilty of the same thing if that's the case.

People still crash when there are no photographers, and these photographers still make money even if no one crashes. It just happens that the crash pictures are the most interesting ones worth sharing.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
The guy in the Corvette cut him as much slack as he could. It was good that one of them was watching where he was going.

Yeah look where you want to go and if you cannot see where you want to go slow down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts