1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Yea kind of like when I was a fleet manager. If the parts said it was for a fire engine it was triple the price compared to the price for a regular truck. :eek:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There are actually a lot of differences - for one, the expensive bag is 12 liters while the cheaper bag is 40 liters...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you think owning a motorcycle is bad, try owning a sailboat! :(
Tell me about it , I had a 35 foot Viking convertible . :compress:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you think owning a motorcycle is bad, try owning a sailboat! :(
Or a RV or an airplane! A micro switch from the local hardware store- $9.?? The exact same switch with same numbers plus a FAA ink stamp- $3000+ for a airplane.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Or a RV or an airplane! A micro switch from the local hardware store- $9.?? The exact same switch with same numbers plus a FAA ink stamp- $3000+ for a airplane.
With aircraft, the justification used is inspection rates. Whereas the hardware store switch maybe pull 1 in 500 off the line to be inspected, for aircraft use the inspection rates can be as high as 100%, then all have to be recorded, and signed for.

Takes time, and manpower.

Does it justify the full mark-ups? I don't think so, but it does up the cost of the unit.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
When an airplane crashes, they know the exact production date of all parts, so they can maybe trace other air planes using those parts.
Doesn't help the first plane that crashed.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I was looking at seat cushions online 2 years ago and from the same company the same cushion was $40 more for the Motorcycle cushion over the Kayak cushion with the same UPC code....Hmmmm!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Our local mountain equipment co-op has this great duffel bag with a flat bottom and lots of tie down points to use on the seat or rack which is quite normal but it is also a dry bag.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Seems to me that an office supply place could whip up that ink stamp for a whole lot less than $2991.................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts