Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a Burgman question...but there is a lot of bike experience on this board and I want to take advantage of it. I tend to trust the advice I've received from this forum more than many other sources.

I've still been shopping for a Burgman, but one of the ladies at work has offered me a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (checking on the year this weekend) with 2000 miles at what I think is a very good deal of $1900. She just took the MSF course 2 weeks ago and had bought the bike from another lady that went for something smaller. Drove it 1 weekend, nearly laid it down, and has decided she too would like a smaller bike to start. (I suggested the Burgman 400). The only damage (pre-existing) is a quarter sized dent in the gas tank. Her husband, a long time rider, has prepped the bike for her to use: new brake cables, new battery, changed the oil, etc. He has also offered to fix the dent and repaint the tank back to factory color and bump the price to $2100

From what research I've done so far this seems to be a pretty deceint lil bike. The only real gripes I've found so far is taking care of the chain and lack of add-ons available.

Anyone have any experience, comments, or suggestions???

Considering a <gasp> non-Burgman,
Bill

·
Registered
308 Posts
what year is the bike, the price sounds steep. mileage?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well Bill it sounds like a good deal to me. If it gets you into the two wheel world and lets you get road experience than you can't go wrong. If it turns out not to be your cup of tea than you havent invested large sums of money. If you decide you really enjoy it , then the Vulcan will make a great trade in on a Burgman if thats still what you want. If you don't buy it give them my e-mail addy and I will take it. :wink:

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ABM : Should be finding out the year model today or tommorow. The mileage was about 2000 miles.

Allwalk : I was thinking along the same lines. See if I would keep riding (not rode in 16 years) and could always use it as a trade in. Shouldn't lose TOO much value. Hmmmm... as little as it cost, might keep it and buy a Burgman too.

Stormsteed: I'm planning on using it to commute to work (84 miles each way) during the summer...and have FUN just crusing around in my spare time. Most of the weekday driving I'll do is interstate and really liked the Burgman 650 for that use. The wind protection and tons o'storage was a big appeal. My cheap side (being a poor, starving computer tech) is kicking in and doesn't want to pass up a steal.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts