Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first saw this i said "No Kidding!!", Kawasaki seems to have a copy of the burgman but with different name.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It isn't a copy, it is a Burgman 250! In the 2000s Kawasaki and Suzuki traded several models. The Epsilon is a Skywave 250 Type S with a different paint job. It was only sold in Japan and a few other Asian markets like Hong Kong.

I like they way they painted them better, the lower piece is black instead of body color. I also like the orange color they used, I may paint my 400 to match.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What about the parts? are they exchangeable?
Yes! At least within the same year groups. The Epsilon was made in two generations, 2001-2002 and 2003-2006.

In 2001, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd and Suzuki Motor Corporation announced a strategic alliance agreement to exchange technical resources shared on the range of motorcycles and ATV's, but the brand to establish and promote the work of city traffic will remain independent operation, intended to improve the competitiveness power and profit. Although the two sides this year, announced the termination of cooperation related to ATV will be in late 2006, but the motorcycles will continue to maintain cooperation
Translated from here - http://www.ibike.com.hk/01_bike_report/local/kawa/04_epsilon250/01.htm

However I have searched the web and can find nothing on a 2007 or later Epsilon so it must have ended in 2006. There was a 150cc Epsilon as well, I assume based off the Skywave/Burgman 150cc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts